What did you do to your ZJ today? - Page 1098 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your ZJ today?

ECGS Black Friday Sale!!6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!50 in light bar /A pillar mount less than 500 at JeepHut.c

Unread 10-15-2012, 03:13 PM   #16456
mandrews000
1997 ZJ 

Just stopped in a used car lot to see a super clean '97.... Almost had a heart attack, 124k 4.0 2"bb. Asking 5900 lmfao!

image-3778914981.jpg  
mandrews000 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-15-2012, 03:22 PM   #16457
SchizophrenicMC
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bananaslug View Post
Did you loosen the control arm bolts are re-torque?
Not yet. We were working until 2 am and my buddy had class at 7, so we had to get it so it'd get home. I still need to tighten the sway bar links and get it in proper shape. It actually doesn't death wobble at all until you hit a bump while decelerating around 55 actually. When my strength returns, I'm gonna clean the back up (we just dumped all the tools into the cargo area) and get the front end put back together proper.

That said, my strength is GONE. It was hard enough to carry the strut compressor into O'Reilly to return it today.

Because tacky green leather is SUPER COOL
SchizophrenicMC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-15-2012, 04:41 PM   #16458
ZJEscape
1993 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by xjbeans View Post
Not today but about a week ago olive draft

Attachment 490226
Looks like mine.
Unread 10-15-2012, 04:44 PM   #16459
xjbeans

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZJEscape

Looks like mine.
Show me!
xjbeans is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-15-2012, 05:23 PM   #16460
jeepmojo
1993 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTBlue
changed the transmission filter! Didn't take long, but what it lacked in any kind of duration, it more than made up for in the mess I made! Yeesh! I still smell like a transmission (my dad commented, "it smells like celery!") two showers later! And I still have the same problem as before. High RPMs and a kick when it finally decides to shift. Still, chalk it all up as experience!
Dump a quart of Lucas transfer tune up in it.
Unread 10-15-2012, 05:37 PM   #16461
ZJMTL
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchizophrenicMC View Post
It was actually yesterday, but I spent 12 hours breaking myself for this:
The death wobble was exciting, to say the least.
Congrats, looks a million times better! Welcome to the DW club

On topic, gave my ZJ a bath after ages of being filthy. Not bad for a 17 year old Jeep with a rough past! Took some pics:

Clean and fresh interior:

New mesh grille I made yesterday:

ZJMTL is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-15-2012, 05:51 PM   #16462
LordBhael
1998 ZJ 

Rear brakes! I can't wait 'till I can do some actual driving in mine. Next up: alignment. Followed by another inspection and fixing whatever they find wrong this time. Coming soon: interior bedliner.
LordBhael is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-15-2012, 06:15 PM   #16463
roughknight69
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBhael
Rear brakes! I can't wait 'till I can do some actual driving in mine. Next up: alignment. Followed by another inspection and fixing whatever they find wrong this time. Coming soon: interior bedliner.
What liner you going with?
Unread 10-15-2012, 06:37 PM   #16464
squazz
Web Wheeler
1993 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandrews000 View Post
Just stopped in a used car lot to see a super clean '97.... Almost had a heart attack, 124k 4.0 2"bb. Asking 5900 lmfao!
GOOD

your luxury jeeps should hold more value then them wranglers. Hell they don't even have cup holders
squazz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-15-2012, 07:02 PM   #16465
noodles5124

Nothing lol. I planned on working on replacing my front hub but got to work today and my boss decided to have me put a 2.5" teraflex lift in his jk. Everything going smooth and as I'm getting ready to torque all the rear bolt it started down pooring. So not only do I still have to lift the front tomorrow but I have to go break down another zj front end to get a free hub and steering knuckle
noodles5124 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-15-2012, 07:03 PM   #16466
noodles5124

noodles5124 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-15-2012, 07:18 PM   #16467
LordBhael
1998 ZJ 

I'm just putting in an off-the-shelf Duplicolor one, I think. Something about Kevlar in it. Just bought it because it was available, it was cheap, and I need it. I don't know if you read the horror of my carpet before I ripped it out. I'll get Monstaliner later for parts of the exterior, and may redo the interior with that, as well. I just need to get something down before I have to deal with snow, and so I can get the seats back in.
Unread 10-15-2012, 07:19 PM   #16468
LordBhael
1998 ZJ 

TJ's have cup holders...two of them. Three if the wife is in the passenger seat.
Unread 10-15-2012, 07:24 PM   #16469
G-Man2
1996 ZJ 

Removed rear door speaker to examine for size and mounting. I think all of the door speakers are shot so I'm thinking about replacing them. Problem is, I'm not sure the OEM radio system is worth it.
G-Man2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-15-2012, 07:35 PM   #16470
dallas121469
1998 ZJ 

1998 Limited 5.9 build

Finally had a couple decent days to spend some time getting the lift on my jeep. 3.5" Rubicon Express. Got a good deal from Kolak but the springs took forever to arrive and still haven't received my new bilsteins.

I forget how much of a pain installing a lift is. Soaked all the bolts with PB blaster on saturday and started dismantling things sunday. Couldnt do the upper shock bolt because i dont have the special tool. That will arrive tomorrow. Bilsteins havent arrived yet anyway. All bolts came off relatively easy. Had to use a big breaker bar on a couple that i forgot to PB but nothing broke. Kept getting interrupted by rain and friends and a hot date for two days so only got the new spring isolators, springs and adjustable track bar bracket mounted. Plus my spring compressors are crap so after a couple failures that nearly cost me a finger or two I went to autozone and rented their external compressor tool. Definite must have for lift install.

Issues: the hole in the passenger side track bar mount is too small for the new bolt to pass through. would use the old bolt but the hole through bushing is larger than the old bolt. Need to buy a drill bit to make the hole larger. Steering damper will not come out. Need to buy a 3 lb sledge I think. nothing else worked. Used the bottle jack against frame to get the clearance that i needed to get the springs in. Worked great. I also don't have all my tools with me so am being slowed a bit by having to do everything with hand tools. Really miss my air/power tools. I also miss my garage. I hate laying on gravel. lol

Free parts if anyone wants them. Currently just have the front springs, track bar and track bar bracket. The spring insulators are actually good too but since i bought new ones someone else can have the old ones. I think the springs are in good condition. ride height from ground was 31" to fender on both sides.
dscf1001.jpg  
dallas121469 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
door latch , lift + spacers

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.