What did you do to your ZJ today? - Page 1096 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your ZJ today?

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectThanksgiving holiday sale in effect @ oconeeoffroad.comRugged Ridge 8500lb Winch w/ Steel Cable $294.99 Shipped O

Unread 10-14-2012, 06:41 PM   #16426
jeepgoonie
1998 ZJ 

Finally connected my heater core hoses up, I got heat now!!! Also while I had the coolant out I put a new upper and lower rad hose. But meanwhile I was waiting for my engine to cool down before I started that I cut the bumper brackets on the side and trimmed behind it because my tires rub on it when turning and flexing.

Unread 10-14-2012, 06:50 PM   #16427
squazz
Web Wheeler
1993 ZJ 

Boatsides part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolkaPower View Post
Anyone else's 46RE that finicky with the TV cable setting?
YES
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
4x4 with 1" square tube spacer off the part of the "Frame" that runs in to the rockers sit past the door damn near stock gained 2" clearance

Have not finished the cross bars to the "frame rail"
squazz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-14-2012, 07:25 PM   #16428
RagTagSoldier
1996 ZJ 

installed a remote starter system for winter
RagTagSoldier is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-14-2012, 07:32 PM   #16429
970001zj
1997 ZJ 

went to re install my stock fogs

lost my fog light half circle things for aiming

going to the yard tomorrow will take picks of the epic jeep area

wonder if the white comanche is still there
970001zj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-14-2012, 08:09 PM   #16430
KD3NE

Trying to get my recently acquired 98 Limited ready to pass inspection.

Closed up, cleaned up and painted the rusted out rocker panel end behind the front fender.

Got a piece from the junkyard and used that to replace the rusted out area.

Repaired the broken battery hold down.

My todo list is a bit shorter...
Still have to polish the headlamp lenses and mount the fender that was rusted out. After that going over the undercarriage cleaning off rust and painting the cleaned areas.
KD3NE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-14-2012, 08:26 PM   #16431
backyardjeeper
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Installed my roof lights.
image-3869960077.jpg   image-3893339704.jpg   image-2948925501.jpg   image-3290377270.jpg  
Unread 10-14-2012, 09:15 PM   #16432
Concolour
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by squazz

YES
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
4x4 with 1" square tube spacer off the part of the "Frame" that runs in to the rockers sit past the door damn near stock gained 2" clearance

Have not finished the cross bars to the "frame rail"
Dude this is exactly what I want to do! PO decided to "trim" the rockers and well... They ain't really there anymore lol. So this would solve that problem and give me some wicked looking sliders/rockers
Concolour is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-14-2012, 10:17 PM   #16433
tucsonzj
2000 TJ Wrangler 

washed, waxed, and detailed.
finally bought a set of torx drivers since everything requires it. and now my sun visors stay up.

nice rockers, defiantly on my to do list. Booster vac is on it's way here so hopefully i'll be back to some braking power soon then onto power steering pump and rotors/pads
Unread 10-14-2012, 11:42 PM   #16434
cliffordmck72
1994 ZJ 

Moved my lights up to the roof rack finally. Added some driving/fog lights on the bumper.
image-3579168672.jpg  
cliffordmck72 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-15-2012, 12:04 AM   #16435
ZJMTL
1996 ZJ 

In the past few days:

Ordered rugged ridge OEM tow hooks & Procomp 20' strap

Went to the junkyard today, pulled a grille of a 96, cut the inserts out, dremmeled and sanded down, and replaced with gutter guard. Painted it all black, looks great!

Also found some OEM ZJ winter mats that say Jeep on them and look awesome! And took some heater hose for my upcoming heater core swap.
ZJMTL is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-15-2012, 01:25 AM   #16436
MTBlue
1998 ZJ 

changed the transmission filter! Didn't take long, but what it lacked in any kind of duration, it more than made up for in the mess I made! Yeesh! I still smell like a transmission (my dad commented, "it smells like celery!") two showers later! And I still have the same problem as before. High RPMs and a kick when it finally decides to shift. Still, chalk it all up as experience!
Unread 10-15-2012, 04:01 AM   #16437
coralman
I can wish can't I?

1998 ZJ 

Drained it with one of those cheap red siphon pumps. After buying a mopar pump I want to keep it going,lol. Every third engine oil change or so I change out the p/s fluid. Junkyards are like walking through the flea market. Used to be my weekend routine. Now that its cooler and the skeeters are going away I'll start going more again.
Unread 10-15-2012, 05:50 AM   #16438
1slo_camaro
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTBlue View Post
changed the transmission filter! Didn't take long, but what it lacked in any kind of duration, it more than made up for in the mess I made! Yeesh! I still smell like a transmission (my dad commented, "it smells like celery!") two showers later! And I still have the same problem as before. High RPMs and a kick when it finally decides to shift. Still, chalk it all up as experience!
CHeck the adjustment on you TV cable. im terrible at adjusting them and even worse at explaining. but look around that could be an issue. if its to loose or to tight itll act really funny
1slo_camaro is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-15-2012, 05:51 AM   #16439
nickpequignot
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTBlue
Tv cable
Unread 10-15-2012, 05:53 AM   #16440
970001zj
1997 ZJ 

yup 98% sure
970001zj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
door latch , lift + spacers

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.