What did you do to your ZJ today? - Page 1088 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your ZJ today?

Rampage Bowless Soft Top Oconee offroadAlloy USA Still AvailableAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 10-08-2012, 08:22 PM   #16306
backyardjeeper
1993 ZJ 

Installed electric fan from early 90's Taurus. Barely got it to clear water pump. Then my ******* self forgot to put the bolts back in the water pump. Started her up. Whing! Now I've got two bolts in there. I'll have to buy more bolts tomorrow.

Btw the fan fits perfectly into the radiator, the sides of the plastic shroud slide right into the space between the fins and the end caps. All I had to secure was the top with a few zip ties.

I'm going to wire it up properly with a thermal switch next weekend. Maybe two thermal switches, the low comes on at 210, with the high at like 215? And the high comes on with the a/c, too? With a switch to turn them both on or off manually... I like it.

..().)..().)---).). 2-speed electric taurus fan. Neon injector upgrade.
backyardjeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-08-2012, 09:05 PM   #16307
Myusername1674
Web Wheeler

1995 ZJ 

Finished my bump stops, flexed it, and finally figured out how to put it in 4-low. Hahaha i can't beleive i hadn't done that before... I'm just dumb.

My 5.9 swap (in progress)

Want your zj to be doorless in 60 seconds?
Myusername1674 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-09-2012, 02:51 AM   #16308
bettyjeep
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freestyle713
Took my valve covers off to put in new gaskets cause they were leaking. Half the ****in bolts were only on finger tight.

While I had the covers off, I cleaned them up and painted them.
You got a pic of the end result? Just changed my gaskets a couple months ago, dint wanna paint them then...now I may be regretting it.
bettyjeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-09-2012, 05:56 AM   #16309
Freestyle713
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettyjeep View Post
You got a pic of the end result? Just changed my gaskets a couple months ago, dint wanna paint them then...now I may be regretting it.
I will later on today, I'm not done painting yet. Ran out of time last night.
[B]94 Grand Cherokee 5.2[/B] [SIZE="1"]33in. Federal Couragia M/T's on Procomp Steelies, np231 swap, IRO Hack n Tap SYE, Carolina Driveshaft, 4.5 in. lift, RE front upper/rear lower ca's, RC front lowers, Ironman rear uppers, IRO 4.5 coils in rear, 3.5 and 2" bb (no isolators) in front, Bilstein 5100's, Clayton/JKS adj. track bars, KOR rad support and SS, Magnaflow/Flowmaster exhaust, clear corners, custom light bar w/ Hella 500's[/SIZE]

[CENTER][COLOR="Yellow"][URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/groups/zombie-outbreak-response-vehicles/"][COLOR="Yellow"]Zombie Outbreak Response Team[/COLOR][/URL][/COLOR][/CENTER]
[QUOTE=elcorvino;14544406]Yea... It's kind of like the fat chick who lives around the corner. You aren't trying to get caught with her, but you know she'd be a good time.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=ScottD16;14460352]I had a dream my entire family was attacked by a giant polar bear. The crazy part was he attacked us with a giant spoon. Best dream ever.[/QUOTE]
Freestyle713 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-09-2012, 08:18 AM   #16310
nickpequignot
1996 ZJ 

Any one think it would be hard to do a toggle switch for heat, toggle switch for defrost. I never use Ac so I would worry about that.should add that it's a limited 96 so it's all electronic.
Unread 10-09-2012, 08:34 AM   #16311
970001zj
1997 ZJ 

toggle no defrost yes
Unread 10-09-2012, 08:54 AM   #16312
B93
1998 ZJ 

Anyone want/need any 5.9 parts? Just crashed mine enough that it's a write-off, but the interior's still in good shape and same with the front end. Cracked one of the rims, but the other 3 + spare are good too.

Sad to see it gone... but I'd rather its good parts go to fellow Jeepers than rot in a junkyard
B93 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-09-2012, 09:03 AM   #16313
ZJMTL
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by B93 View Post
Anyone want/need any 5.9 parts? Just crashed mine enough that it's a write-off, but the interior's still in good shape and same with the front end. Cracked one of the rims, but the other 3 + spare are good too.

Sad to see it gone... but I'd rather its good parts go to fellow Jeepers than rot in a junkyard
Hows the front grille?

I'm in QC, so not too far if you're willing to ship!
ZJMTL is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-09-2012, 09:12 AM   #16314
x10radsponge
1998 ZJ 

Well, yesterday anyhow.

Cleaned the interior. Cleaned around engine. Tried putting in new lights but the little sockets that the posts go on are not locking. Set off the alarm. Changed lift gate struts.
x10radsponge is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-09-2012, 09:28 AM   #16315
Obie95Sahara
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myusername1674 View Post
Finished my bump stops, flexed it, and finally figured out how to put it in 4-low. Hahaha i can't beleive i hadn't done that before... I'm just dumb.

How hard was it to install new bumpstops? Need to replace mine as well. Mine has a hard time going into 4-low, likes to grind but not engage.
Obie95Sahara is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-09-2012, 09:35 AM   #16316
Freestyle713
1994 ZJ 

Well, my day started out kind of ****ty. Woke up at 7, drove 40 minutes to school only to find out there's no classes today. I guess we had a 4 day weekend that I thought was only 3 days. Wtf?

But then, my two new wheels from 4 wheel parts showed up, since two of mine were dented. Well, I had the package with the dented wheels right outside my garage, expecting brown santa to take them when he delivered my new ones. Well, he didnt. So it looks like I got 2 free dented wheels.
[B]94 Grand Cherokee 5.2[/B] [SIZE="1"]33in. Federal Couragia M/T's on Procomp Steelies, np231 swap, IRO Hack n Tap SYE, Carolina Driveshaft, 4.5 in. lift, RE front upper/rear lower ca's, RC front lowers, Ironman rear uppers, IRO 4.5 coils in rear, 3.5 and 2" bb (no isolators) in front, Bilstein 5100's, Clayton/JKS adj. track bars, KOR rad support and SS, Magnaflow/Flowmaster exhaust, clear corners, custom light bar w/ Hella 500's[/SIZE]

[CENTER][COLOR="Yellow"][URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/groups/zombie-outbreak-response-vehicles/"][COLOR="Yellow"]Zombie Outbreak Response Team[/COLOR][/URL][/COLOR][/CENTER]
[QUOTE=elcorvino;14544406]Yea... It's kind of like the fat chick who lives around the corner. You aren't trying to get caught with her, but you know she'd be a good time.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=ScottD16;14460352]I had a dream my entire family was attacked by a giant polar bear. The crazy part was he attacked us with a giant spoon. Best dream ever.[/QUOTE]
Unread 10-09-2012, 09:49 AM   #16317
Midnightluckey
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freestyle713
Well, my day started out kind of ****ty. Woke up at 7, drove 40 minutes to school only to find out there's no classes today. I guess we had a 4 day weekend that I thought was only 3 days. Wtf?

But then, my two new wheels from 4 wheel parts showed up, since two of mine were dented. Well, I had the package with the dented wheels right outside my garage, expecting brown santa to take them when he delivered my new ones. Well, he didnt. So it looks like I got 2 free dented wheels.
What size are these? D windows? I could actually use one as a spare if you'd like to get rid of one cheap..
95 Limited Chargold ZJ 5.2L -5.5" lift (IRO, Ironman, and RC parts), 33" BFG M/T's, 15x8 procomp crawlers, 242 swap, 2 12" subs, 1000w amp, cherry bomb, full skid package, Kevins rear stealth bumper clone w 3/4" D rings, Rlcwelding front bumper w 3/8" D rings, XRC-8, front tow hooks, 2 daylighter fairlead lights, 2 daylighter windsheild lights, 2 55w driving lights, OBA, Cobra 18 CB, dual 4' whips, RC disconnects, smittybuilt jack, optima yellowtop.
Built not bought #512
Midnightluckey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-09-2012, 10:42 AM   #16318
Freestyle713
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnightluckey View Post
What size are these? D windows? I could actually use one as a spare if you'd like to get rid of one cheap..
Its not a d window, its a soft 8, but its yours if you want it. Its 15x8 and 3.75 bs.

Unread 10-09-2012, 01:00 PM   #16319
Roskoe
1998 ZJ 

tried too figure out what too do to the saggy headliner

I hate when old people poke me at weddings, point and whisper, "You're next." So I've started doing the same thing to them at funerals
Roskoe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-09-2012, 02:38 PM   #16320
DNTTRY
1998 ZJ 

Only thin I did was take pix with my other ride

Jerry
DNTTRY is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
door latch , lift + spacers

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.