What did you do to your ZJ today? - Page 1076 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your ZJ today?

Rampage Bowless Soft Top Oconee offroadAlloy USA Still AvailableAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 10-01-2012, 07:57 PM   #16126
ZJMTL
1996 ZJ 

Lots of errors and can't see any pics either.

Pulled two turn signal lights and some badges at the U pull today when helping my buddy source a DS for his WJ.

Tried to take a skid off a 95, any idea how to get the damn thing off? Three bolts, one was fine, but the other two seem to have rusted onto the nuts and are stuck in the frame rails!

Contemplating whether I should paint the corners amber or go for a VHT flavor.

Also looked for the vacuum leak causing me to only have defrost, found the disconnected tube under the battery, but attaching it didn't help. Any other ideas?

ZJMTL is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-01-2012, 07:57 PM   #16127
Freestyle713
1994 ZJ 

When I open a thread from my email, I have to refresh the page to see the updated version of it. Wtf.

Edit: and ZJMTL, go clear corners. It would look wicked with the amber turn signal housing.
[B]94 Grand Cherokee 5.2[/B] [SIZE="1"]33in. Federal Couragia M/T's on Procomp Steelies, np231 swap, IRO Hack n Tap SYE, Carolina Driveshaft, 4.5 in. lift, RE front upper/rear lower ca's, RC front lowers, Ironman rear uppers, IRO 4.5 coils in rear, 3.5 and 2" bb (no isolators) in front, Bilstein 5100's, Clayton/JKS adj. track bars, KOR rad support and SS, Magnaflow/Flowmaster exhaust, clear corners, custom light bar w/ Hella 500's[/SIZE]

[CENTER][COLOR="Yellow"][URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/groups/zombie-outbreak-response-vehicles/"][COLOR="Yellow"]Zombie Outbreak Response Team[/COLOR][/URL][/COLOR][/CENTER]
[QUOTE=elcorvino;14544406]Yea... It's kind of like the fat chick who lives around the corner. You aren't trying to get caught with her, but you know she'd be a good time.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=ScottD16;14460352]I had a dream my entire family was attacked by a giant polar bear. The crazy part was he attacked us with a giant spoon. Best dream ever.[/QUOTE]
Freestyle713 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-01-2012, 07:58 PM   #16128
bananaslug
1996 ZJ 

Made the deal of my Jeep's lifetime on Craigslist. Im about to pee myself.
bananaslug is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-01-2012, 08:10 PM   #16129
nickpequignot
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bananaslug
Made the deal of my Jeep's lifetime on Craigslist. Im about to pee myself.
This is cruel. You can't post this and not tell us the deal.
Unread 10-01-2012, 08:27 PM   #16130
RazorbackZJ
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freestyle713
Can anyone else not see ^ those pics? Just today, my laptop at home, and the computers at school, started not letting me see some pics.
Does it with my DROID. Can hardly ever get pics to load and avatars never show up.
RazorbackZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-01-2012, 08:30 PM   #16131
ZJMTL
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freestyle713 View Post
When I open a thread from my email, I have to refresh the page to see the updated version of it. Wtf.

Edit: and ZJMTL, go clear corners. It would look wicked with the amber turn signal housing.

Same here, "new posts" gets me to this thread three pages ago.

Amber turn signals and clear corners? Any pics of your lights man, I remember you had tinted the tails and they looked good.
Unread 10-01-2012, 08:46 PM   #16132
Freestyle713
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZJMTL View Post
Same here, "new posts" gets me to this thread three pages ago.

Amber turn signals and clear corners? Any pics of your lights man, I remember you had tinted the tails and they looked good.
Yeah, I tinted the tails. I love the look of the zj taillights tinted.

You were talking about the front corners, right? All my lights up front are clear, but I know ejschultz has clear corners too, but his turn signal housing is tinted. It looks pretty sweet. Yours would probably look just like that, but with orange turns instead of black.
[B]94 Grand Cherokee 5.2[/B] [SIZE="1"]33in. Federal Couragia M/T's on Procomp Steelies, np231 swap, IRO Hack n Tap SYE, Carolina Driveshaft, 4.5 in. lift, RE front upper/rear lower ca's, RC front lowers, Ironman rear uppers, IRO 4.5 coils in rear, 3.5 and 2" bb (no isolators) in front, Bilstein 5100's, Clayton/JKS adj. track bars, KOR rad support and SS, Magnaflow/Flowmaster exhaust, clear corners, custom light bar w/ Hella 500's[/SIZE]

[CENTER][COLOR="Yellow"][URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/groups/zombie-outbreak-response-vehicles/"][COLOR="Yellow"]Zombie Outbreak Response Team[/COLOR][/URL][/COLOR][/CENTER]
[QUOTE=elcorvino;14544406]Yea... It's kind of like the fat chick who lives around the corner. You aren't trying to get caught with her, but you know she'd be a good time.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=ScottD16;14460352]I had a dream my entire family was attacked by a giant polar bear. The crazy part was he attacked us with a giant spoon. Best dream ever.[/QUOTE]
Freestyle713 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-01-2012, 09:05 PM   #16133
bananaslug
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickpequignot View Post
This is cruel. You can't post this and not tell us the deal.
Ill post pictures tomorrow. Sometimes these Craigslist things dont work out ya know. Supposed to purchase at 9.

EDIT: 9AM tomorrow
bananaslug is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-01-2012, 09:12 PM   #16134
ZJMTL
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freestyle713 View Post
Yeah, I tinted the tails. I love the look of the zj taillights tinted.

You were talking about the front corners, right? All my lights up front are clear, but I know ejschultz has clear corners too, but his turn signal housing is tinted. It looks pretty sweet. Yours would probably look just like that, but with orange turns instead of black.
Still don't have the corners painted orange yet, was thinking of doing like EJ did but also covering the orange part on the side markers. How dark are your tails? I want something that looks close to stock output to keep the cops happy.
Unread 10-01-2012, 10:40 PM   #16135
Airborn
1998 ZJ 

Wish i could see these PICS!!!!!
1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4.0L : 172,xxx miles, IRO 3.5" F>R lift, IRO Adjustable Control Arms, IRO Adjustable Track Bars, 31" Goodyear Wrangler Authority on Cragar V5's, Pavement Pounder until I get out of college :( ...Built Not Bought #650
Spend the Time and the Money the 1st Time, You'll End Up Doing it Anyway.
Airborn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-01-2012, 11:53 PM   #16136
Myusername1674
Web Wheeler

1995 ZJ 

Cut, hammered, pounded and undercoated my passenger pinch weld seam.

Took a few hours and involved a 20 lb dumb-bell as i decided the 5 lb sledge wasn't doing the trick.

Also during this it wouldn't start, acting like dead battery. Cleaned the conections with coke and a paper towl, started right up.

My 5.9 swap (in progress)

Want your zj to be doorless in 60 seconds?
Myusername1674 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-02-2012, 05:01 AM   #16137
ejschultz
Web Wheeler

1997 ZJ 

I used my ZJ to break the interwebs last night. I'd post pics of how I did it but...
ejschultz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-02-2012, 06:48 AM   #16138
nickpequignot
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejschultz
I used my ZJ to break the interwebs last night. I'd post pics of how I did it but...
You suck. I want to see people's jeeps!!!
Unread 10-02-2012, 06:54 AM   #16139
jeepmojo
1993 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by roughknight69

I really liked these at2s for the snow compared to other at tires
Who makes the AT2??
Unread 10-02-2012, 07:29 AM   #16140
nickpequignot
1996 ZJ 

Getting my tires Wednesday or Thursday. Using the factory limited snowflakes. My uncle can make wheel spacers for me out of aluminum. Is there any kind of aluminum to use. And how big around should they be. How thick?

Tags
door latch , lift + spacers

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.