Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

What did you do to your ZJ today?

4M views 55K replies 2K participants last post by  98ZJ 
#1 ·
This thread is to serve as an inspiration to others modifying their ZJ's. Pretty simple, just post what you did to your ZJ today!

Today I shamefully took my Jeep to get the oil changed because it was to hot to change it myself.

#2,102 ·
Installed my new starter today, no more staying engaged in the flexplate. Saw a listing for a set of 15 inch aluminum grizzly wheels (xj sport, wrangler, early tj) and contacted the seller to find out he had just shook hands on a deal earlier that afternoon. Never fails .... day late and a dollar short!!

#2,104 ·
Waited yet another day for my lift kit and parts to arrive from Iron Rock Offraod......Turns out after I gave them my credit card number, they all ran off to Moab with out putting anything into a box and mailing it off!! WTF!!! Thanks guys, guess I will be waiting another month to receive my stuff. Seriously not happy about the transaction to this point.

#2,105 ·
Did i reset the computer somehow?
Yup. When the battery is disconnected, or gets down past a certain level, the PCM loses stored engine parameters. It is now learning how the Jeep needs to run, so in theory if you go easy on it, it will tune for better efficiency. In theory...

#2,106 ·
Canyon411 said:
Installed my new starter today, no more staying engaged in the flexplate. Saw a listing for a set of 15 inch aluminum grizzly wheels (xj sport, wrangler, early tj) and contacted the seller to find out he had just shook hands on a deal earlier that afternoon. Never fails .... day late and a dollar short!!
I wonder if i was that guy. You in TN?

I painted a set of craigslist wheels ($50, thank you very much) and put 'em on. I dig a Silver ZJ with black rims.

Attachments

#2,109 ·
Waited yet another day for my lift kit and parts to arrive from Iron Rock Offraod......Turns out after I gave them my credit card number, they all ran off to Moab with out putting anything into a box and mailing it off!! WTF!!! Thanks guys, guess I will be waiting another month to receive my stuff. Seriously not happy about the transaction to this point.
They've still got folks working - you'll get your stuff, don't worry.

Remember, modification parts are mostly custom, especially for Grand Cherokees. There's not enough of a market for these vendors to have unlimited stock. A lot of stuff needs to be built to order.

#2,114 ·
Put on new front lower control arms from IRO! No more slight wobbles at 50 mph!

#2,118 ·
i bought one of those replacment power antenna masts on ebay for $15. i wasn't sure what to expect, but figured i'd take a gamble to see if it would get my antenna to work again. luckily on my original the plastic gear thing that feeds into the motor broke, so all i had to do it pull the cover on the motor and remove the old pieces and fed the new one in and i'm back in business. give it a shot if yours doesn't work.

#2,120 ·
I topped off brake fluid, coolant, washer fluid, and power steering. I took the roof rack sliders and moved both to the far back. Sprayed the door hinges and the trunk hinge and now they are nice and lubes makes for easier opening my trunk was being super difficult especially up at the mountain in the snow. Oh and cleaned the interior a bunch.