What did you do to your ZJ today? - Page 1054 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your ZJ today?

End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!2007 - 2011 Jeep JK Long Arm Lift KitsIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 09-17-2012, 08:45 PM   #15796
ZJMTL
1996 ZJ 

Going to need a bigger hammer I guess!

ZJMTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-17-2012, 08:52 PM   #15797
Cameleer
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by csouers View Post
Yup. Doesn't need to be hooked to anything for the rear view mirror to dim.
Bad auto dimming mirror and good auto dimming mirror.

Pop of the old one.

Has 4 wires, 2 for heat and 2 for auto dimming.

Top one is auto dimming and heat, lower one only has heat.

It is cheaper to buy the complete mirror assembly than just the glass part.
Unread 09-17-2012, 09:03 PM   #15798
Concolour
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZJMTL View Post
Tried for four hours to get my old steering stabilizer off, with a hammer, a pitman arm remover, and a torch.

It's still on there

And harleydad, yeah man, that thing is super clean!
don't say that D8> i'm doing mine on thursday. putting in an old man emu.
Concolour is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-17-2012, 09:40 PM   #15799
shmebbr6
2005 WK 

6 fouled plugs

Jeep was running like crap had the same symptoms as a misfire i just had fixed by one bad plug. Went and bought a whole set of plugs . Upon removing them i discovered they were all black. Threads all gunked up. Read the code and got a code that said running lean p0171 i think. My buddy said that's o2. I had just had my upstream sender replaced at the smog shop two weeks ago. I unplugged the sensor and plug it back in. Cleared the code and problem solved. Drove around for a while and code hasn't come back. Stupid plug.
shmebbr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-17-2012, 10:21 PM   #15800
Cameleer
1998 ZJ 

Got a lot of little things done on my jeep today, mainly relocating the horns and added 2 more, dam they are loud!!

Tomorrow is the big day, should be receiving my new Griffin radiator and Warn 9.5xp-s winch.

This winch is 6.0 HP, has 100 feet of synthetic rope, 9,500 pounds of pulling capacity with fast line speeds and has extreme-duty sealing for superior water resistance.

The Griffin radiator is 30% better cooling than the stock radiator.
Unread 09-18-2012, 02:09 AM   #15801
Glued2aPost
1998 ZJ 

Found a niner in a used car lot. It was looking pretty sad. The spare was on the front left and it was flat, center console lid was broken off, there was a mystery switch above the hand brake. I was prepared to pay $2500 for it and ask forgiveness from my wife later... Price was $5600. I offered to fix it up for $1000 so he could actually sell it at that price. He declined. I told him I would be back in three months.
Unread 09-18-2012, 02:54 AM   #15802
Gr8Hondo
1993 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZJMTL
Tried for four hours to get my old steering stabilizer off, with a hammer, a pitman arm remover, and a torch.

It's still on there

And harleydad, yeah man, that thing is super clean!
If you don't have a full size rack to put it on, you will likely have a rough time with the hammer as you just can't get a good swing. I took mine down to the local yocal and $20 & 10 mins later it was done. (that was after a day and a half, broken ball joint separator, bruised shoulder & deflated ego!)

1993 ZJ Limited 5.2L V8 (aka The Red Baron)
Gr8Hondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-18-2012, 03:12 AM   #15803
coralman
green backs to no backs

1998 ZJ 

Mirror glass online oem is $230. Could not find listing for mirror in my parts manual but thats probaly just me.

Links to axle rebuilds, mount replace,a/c box rebuild,ect in history section of my profile page
coralman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-18-2012, 05:52 AM   #15804
Freestyle713
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cameleer View Post
Got a lot of little things done on my jeep today, mainly relocating the horns and added 2 more, dam they are loud!!
Got a write up on this?
[B]94 Grand Cherokee 5.2[/B] [SIZE="1"]33in. Federal Couragia M/T's on Procomp Steelies, np231 swap, IRO Hack n Tap SYE, Carolina Driveshaft, 4.5 in. lift, RE front upper/rear lower ca's, RC front lowers, Ironman rear uppers, IRO 4.5 coils in rear, 3.5 and 2" bb (no isolators) in front, Bilstein 5100's, Clayton/JKS adj. track bars, KOR rad support and SS, Magnaflow/Flowmaster exhaust, clear corners, custom light bar w/ Hella 500's[/SIZE]

[CENTER][COLOR="Yellow"][URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/groups/zombie-outbreak-response-vehicles/"][COLOR="Yellow"]Zombie Outbreak Response Team[/COLOR][/URL][/COLOR][/CENTER]
[QUOTE=elcorvino;14544406]Yea... It's kind of like the fat chick who lives around the corner. You aren't trying to get caught with her, but you know she'd be a good time.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=ScottD16;14460352]I had a dream my entire family was attacked by a giant polar bear. The crazy part was he attacked us with a giant spoon. Best dream ever.[/QUOTE]
Freestyle713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-18-2012, 08:58 AM   #15805
ZJMTL
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gr8Hondo View Post
If you don't have a full size rack to put it on, you will likely have a rough time with the hammer as you just can't get a good swing. I took mine down to the local yocal and $20 & 10 mins later it was done. (that was after a day and a half, broken ball joint separator, bruised shoulder & deflated ego!)

1993 ZJ Limited 5.2L V8 (aka The Red Baron)
That's exactly it, super hard to get a good swing with the swaybar and everything else down there.
ZJMTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-18-2012, 09:44 AM   #15806
Cameleer
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by coralman View Post
Mirror glass online oem is $230. Could not find listing for mirror in my parts manual but thats probaly just me.
I looked it up and it was $287. Where did you find it for $230
I replaced mine about a year ago, but I would like to know who has cheaper OM parts.
Unread 09-18-2012, 11:08 AM   #15807
ExpeditionXJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cameleer View Post
I looked it up and it was $287. Where did you find it for $230
I replaced mine about a year ago, but I would like to know who has cheaper OM parts.

I'd like to know as well. Are the only source for the auto-dim the OEM parts from dealership?

Thanks for the above pics, i had read about the discoloration but thats the first photo's i'v seen.

While i have your attention. Would my 98 Laredo have the harness for the autodim and heat function? I'd love to add this feature..
ExpeditionXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-18-2012, 11:31 AM   #15808
boparunsxc
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExpeditionXJ

I'd like to know as well. Are the only source for the auto-dim the OEM parts from dealership?

Thanks for the above pics, i had read about the discoloration but thats the first photo's i'v seen.

While i have your attention. Would my 98 Laredo have the harness for the autodim and heat function? I'd love to add this feature..
I didn't check to see if they had the part, but from personal experience I'd say 123autoparts.com has the cheapest OEM parts... My timing cover and kit were about $40 less there than at rock auto.
boparunsxc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-18-2012, 11:49 AM   #15809
Cameleer
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExpeditionXJ View Post

On a 98 like yours I believe the wires are there for the auto dimming mirrors.
May have even had a dimming mirror at one time and someone replaced it, that's what I did until getting the new auto dimming ones.

This is where I found them for $287.
http://wermopar.com/chrysler-parts/
Unread 09-18-2012, 01:11 PM   #15810
Cameleer
1998 ZJ 

It showed up this morning, 85 pounds of pure beauty, and the color even matches my jeep.
Planning on doing a custom stealth mount once I finish up a few other things.

This adds 6 HP more to my jeep, well kind of.

Now I'm waiting for the Griffin radiator to arrive this evening.

Tags
door latch

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.