Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

What did you do to your ZJ today?

4M views 55K replies 2K participants last post by  98ZJ 
#1 ·
This thread is to serve as an inspiration to others modifying their ZJ's. Pretty simple, just post what you did to your ZJ today!

Today I shamefully took my Jeep to get the oil changed because it was to hot to change it myself.

#20,882 ·
Just bought it :)

Second Jeep Grand Cherokee with the 4.0L, glad to have another one. Got it for $2000 plus TTL, with about 100,000 miles. Needs tires and alignment, but thats not that big of a deal since it didn't cost much. Rear driver window doesnt roll up or down. Lift gate needs new support struts. Needs one factory wheel. Might need new battery or alternator. Starting seems to have to turn over quite a bit before it'll crank when it sits for a bit. When it's started soon after killing it, it fires right up. So I'm guessing its a fuel pressure issue. Transmission shifts great, engine runs strong. Little computer under the climate controls doesnt even turn on. Few dents and dings, nothing major. Blinkers flash EXTREMELY slow. Not sure about that one. That's all I can think of right now. If anybody has any advice or suggestions it would be greatly appreciated! Glad to be back in the Jeep community!

#20,886 ·
Its a '93. My bad for not posting that. Appreciate the advice guys. I'll check flasher relay. So people just yank that little computer out or what?
A lot do, as it's prone to having sensors fail, etc. When that happens, it never shuts up. Mine still works fine, so I'm keeping it in, just for the oil change mileage counter (one less thing for me to keep track of myself).

#20,888 ·
That's why I wish mine had a Vic but it had gdm and I swapped in a cubby instead. So I just track my oil changes on my trip odometer in the cluster and my true rotation on the overhead odometer.
That's why I liked mine too, but it died.....and shut up and I love it. It's still in there though. Thinking it my get replaced with gauges if I ever get to do on board air! I put a drumsticks under the hood for oil change, and this is how I keep track of miles....

Speedometer Car Odometer Motor vehicle Gauge

#20,892 ·
#20,894 ·
That's a damn good deal! I thought I was doing well when I bought a set for $650 shipped (brand new) last week (and they'll be here Friday :highfive: )
Yeah I know, right? But I'm trying to buy redzj's arb and I wanted to get my 8.8 in this week. If only I had a money tree :(

Edit: You know what, I may go for these. I can drive my jeep now, so the 8.8 can wait, JCR is coming out with a diy bumper that will probably be $300 or less, so I may go with that, and I will never see another set of these for $500. ****. I'm not gonna be able to sleep tonight.

#20,895 ·
Washed the new Jeep. Replaced turn signal relay, and now my blinkers work great. Got my Alpine stereo installed. Replaced a few bulbs, topped off some fluids, and put in a new battery. Planning on making a trip to the junkyard tomorrow to find some needed little parts. Idled pretty rough after the wash, but about 2 minutes of a little light revving and she idled normally. I'm guessing a sensor doesnt like moisture. Do these 4.0's idle rough the way they are? Its not terrible, just a little "shaky".

#20,898 ·
EndIsNear said:
Washed the new Jeep. Replaced turn signal relay, and now my blinkers work great. Got my Alpine stereo installed. Replaced a few bulbs, topped off some fluids, and put in a new battery. Planning on making a trip to the junkyard tomorrow to find some needed little parts. Idled pretty rough after the wash, but about 2 minutes of a little light revving and she idled normally. I'm guessing a sensor doesnt like moisture. Do these 4.0's idle rough the way they are? Its not terrible, just a little "shaky".
Can't speak for everyone, but my 4.0l is very smooth. Inline 6 engines usually have smooth operation.

#20,900 ·
Well on second thought I do need to replace me engine/trans mounts. Prob contibutes but isn't the main source of my random shake. My exhaust (at the tailpipe) has a weird random putt-putt sound. Almost sounds as if a valve is sticking.

1993 Grand Cherokee Limited 4.0L AW-4