Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

What did you do to your ZJ today?

4M views 55K replies 2K participants last post by  98ZJ 
#1 ·
This thread is to serve as an inspiration to others modifying their ZJ's. Pretty simple, just post what you did to your ZJ today!

Today I shamefully took my Jeep to get the oil changed because it was to hot to change it myself.

#20,862 ·
My thought was try to finding close in size, cut the old one out and weld in a new one. My problem is my jeep is a 95 but according to my door sticker it was built in 10/94 the shaft on quadratec says for zjs 1/06-95-98 only I'm going to buy and return it if need be but I want to know what's different about them and crown auto has nothing to compare it to
Yes. I think you're on the right track here. I did a eBay search and it pulled up a gm style knuckle ( 1" od) that might be available at the local auto store. Where the hells polka power,? he's a knowledgeable sole on every other topic

#20,863 ·
It decided to fall off the highlift in preparation for new rear springs. Damn slippery driveway. Wheels were chocked, almost ready to put the stands under it. No harm done.

#20,865 ·
changed out both my driver and passenger axle u-joint to cv joints, i would have kept them u joints but i prefer the better steering of cv and lifetime warranties that and the tone ring fell apart on the driver axle...

on a side note i may be selling both of them ill list in the for sale section when i get a chance but i am moving so give me a week or two

#20,866 ·
Rolled 160k miles today

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum

#20,872 ·
Steering Coupler Shaft

Well that's a heck of alot better pricing than the burgeson .....I don't understand why not just sell the u joints or what appears to be a u joint....pound them out, press em in. Done. Perhaps they aren't made to be replaced... anyone study the Haynes manual yet and want to chime in
I have done quite a bit of searching and research, the FSM simply lableas the whole assembly as a "coupler shaft". It only seems to be available as a complete assembly. Omixaida sells one. but i am thinking there has to be a cheaper option so I started searching industrial automation suppliers searching for a similar u joint. So far this is the closeset pulicly availabe option: a percision cardan joint http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_n...omotive&field-keywords=Precision+cardan+joint I am still searching though...

:bacon:

#20,873 ·
Went to start it this morning and it was real sluggish. Then my cel came on, code 41. I think I killed my battery yesterday while I was cleaning it. Fml

#20,876 ·
Drove around with the glass pack. I like it. Much quieter at cruising then even with the stock muffler. Thinking about having a shop make a 3in pipe exiting right infornt of the rear passenger side tire.
How long is your glasspack? Not sure about yours but mine measures 18" from rear of the cat to where you have to make the bend.

Pics of my setup

Automotive tire Groundcover Road surface Gas Bumper

Space between rear lca mount and pipe
Automotive tire Wood Plant Bumper Tire

#20,877 ·
240k miles and climbing and doesn't leak or burn a speck of oil.
lucky mine just hit 224000 miles and likes to leak tranny and oil but the tranny leak i think is from the po over filling it like no tomorrow it was leaking bad and now it is slowing down but it is about 2 or 3 millimeters over the hot fill in neutral

i tell ya how hard is it to read the manual... that he kept..

#20,879 ·
Well I tested my battery, and out of 690 cca's it measured 544, and the tester was suggesting I replace it. Lucky for me, there was a duralast battery in the back of the store (advance) with all the other used batteries and its not even a year old. Out of 750 it measured 804. And guess what, I got it FOR FREE, since its not an autocraft, we can't sell it as a used battery.

With this, I have a question. Its slightly bigger than the old one, so I gotta make some room for it. My question is the fuse and relay that sits right next to it. Im 99% sure its from the car phone that was installed by the dealer back in the 90's, but I just wanted to make sure before I go ripping it out. It had an orange tag on it so I'm pretty sure I'm safe. Try to ignore the ****ty wiring job I did two years ago when I was a ******* lol.

Attachments