What did you do to your ZJ today? - Page 1041 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your ZJ today?

Flowmaster Overstock: Special Holiday Pricing!!!!Thanksgiving holiday sale in effect @ oconeeoffroad.com2" Lift Kits for JK, TJ, XJ, WJ~$125.00 w/free shippi

Unread 09-11-2012, 10:22 PM   #15601
Airborn
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 970001zj View Post
as soon as i got it out it popped back to normal

this one was an 8$ fail safe and it seems like it tried to "fail safe" but i cant

figure out why

it did get up to 220 or so the other day with the air on

would that have done it in
Depending on what degree it was supposed to lock open during the fail safe...it could have been that. Thermostats arent 100% accurate same as radiator caps. The thermostat might have been supposed to "fail safe" at 245 but did it sooner. As I said before it is the same as radiator caps. Say you have a 12psi cap it may bleed off pressure at 10psi. If it does this it is technically bad but may be brand new. Its basically a defective part.
Short story. A kid at my college needed a new radiator cap for his vehicle after he replaced his radiator, water pump, and other things he figured he might as well get a new one. His cap was rated at 15psi he bought a new one and it bled pressure at 9psi (it was a 15psi cap)so he took it back and got another one. Came back to class and tested it...bled off at 10psi. (again a 15psi cap) SO finally he took the pressure tester to the parts store and tested 6 radiator caps (that were supposed to be 15psi) before he found one that bled off at the correct psi.

1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4.0L : 172,xxx miles, IRO 3.5" F>R lift, IRO Adjustable Control Arms, IRO Adjustable Track Bars, 31" Goodyear Wrangler Authority on Cragar V5's, Pavement Pounder until I get out of college :( ...Built Not Bought #650
Spend the Time and the Money the 1st Time, You'll End Up Doing it Anyway.
Airborn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-11-2012, 10:46 PM   #15602
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Worked on it all day and tried not to put a bunch of 12g slugs into it.
PolkaPower is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-11-2012, 10:46 PM   #15603
rooster51
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinW23 View Post
It would be great to have the option. You gave me a great idea. I think ill replace my broken sensor then track down the power wire to the ABS relay then put a toggle or a push button on it. I will be able to keep the ABS on whenever its icy or when my wife drives it then turn it off whenever I want to. I think I will do a write up on this.

Thanks for the idea!

Edit: anyone have any opinions on this?
I think that's actually a really good idea/option for a DD/weekend wheeler.
Unread 09-11-2012, 10:52 PM   #15604
rooster51
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolkaPower View Post
I've got plenty of slugs if you need'em. DW stole my new shotgun money.

On topic: DW is gone. Ball joints, UCA bushings, and washer welded to ovaled out track bar bracket. Plus no more toe out.

I hate you DW, go die.
Unread 09-11-2012, 10:53 PM   #15605
JustinW23
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucsonzj View Post
pictures will be required
I guess since I have been called out, I will share. gosh lol

I still haven't gotten the control arms and coil spacers (1 3/4"). The tracking number says the last box should arrive tomorrow. It is dark out but this is the best I can do before I head to work. Not enough space to take this inside to get a better picture. The main skid plate came in a separate box and it was labeled at 56 lbs. The stuff is pretty beefy. It's gonna be a rough weekend.

It's just a Rough Country Long Arm kit and I added wheel spacers, extended brake lines to replace their brake line relocation brackets, JKS adjustable rear track bar because I have heard horror stories about the brackets, and 1 3/4" coil spring spacers.

'98 ZJ 5.2 6" Long Arms, 265 75R 16's, Magnaflow Cat and Super 40, Taurus Fan Swap
JustinW23 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-11-2012, 11:12 PM   #15606
Airborn
1998 ZJ 

Quote:

I still haven't gotten the control arms and coil spacers (1 3/4"). The tracking number says the last box should arrive tomorrow. It is dark out but this is the best I can do before I head to work. Not enough space to take this inside to get a better picture. The main skid plate came in a separate box and it was labeled at 56 lbs. The stuff is pretty beefy. It's gonna be a rough weekend.

It's just a Rough Country Long Arm kit and I added wheel spacers, extended brake lines to replace their brake line relocation brackets, JKS adjustable rear track bar because I have heard horror stories about the brackets, and 1 3/4" coil spring spacers.

Cant wait to see evrything installed!!!!
1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4.0L : 172,xxx miles, IRO 3.5" F>R lift, IRO Adjustable Control Arms, IRO Adjustable Track Bars, 31" Goodyear Wrangler Authority on Cragar V5's, Pavement Pounder until I get out of college :( ...Built Not Bought #650
Spend the Time and the Money the 1st Time, You'll End Up Doing it Anyway.
Airborn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-12-2012, 12:04 AM   #15607
Concolour
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolkaPower View Post
better than what i did..... stared at it sitting in my driveway. all i actually managed to do today was price out parts. namely a battery.... on second thought..... lemme borrow your shotgun. might scare it into starting
Concolour is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-12-2012, 12:52 AM   #15608
zachjf
1998 ZJ 

refinished my fugly faded out orange gauge needles and made them shiny red.

Unread 09-12-2012, 01:10 AM   #15609
bettyjeep
1996 ZJ 

Picked up a new neutral safety switch n some brake cleaner. Also discovered a radiator cap w temp gauge on it. So cool.
bettyjeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-12-2012, 05:54 AM   #15610
ejschultz
Web Wheeler

1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachjf View Post

I was looking at that thinking, "For 209k, those needles look pretty new. They look better than mine that has 91k. Man..." Nice job. Do you have a writeup or any pics of the process?
ejschultz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-12-2012, 06:30 AM   #15611
noodles5124

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachjf
How'd you do the needles I put green LEDs in but the orange needles look like crap
noodles5124 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-12-2012, 07:49 AM   #15612
squazz
Web Wheeler
1993 ZJ 

Quote:

something to think about I have seen it finished guess he just hasent updated the thread
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f11/r...vable-1410944/
squazz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-12-2012, 08:42 AM   #15613
JustinW23
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by squazz

something to think about I have seen it finished guess he just hasent updated the thread
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f11/r...vable-1410944/
That is a pretty cool idea. I am not a big fan of that crossmember either. I was thinking about having to remove it soon when I get my new transfer case. That sucks having to disconnect control arms. The price was right though. They did a pretty bad job with the powder coat too. There is visible rust coming through the coating on a couple of the welds. Thanks for the idea.

'98 ZJ 5.2 6" Long Arms, 265 75R 16's, Magnaflow Cat and Super 40, Taurus Fan Swap
JustinW23 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-12-2012, 09:10 AM   #15614
SchizophrenicMC
1997 ZJ 

Drove it to school. While driving, the muffler exploded and it wouldn't start. I think my PCM's finally had it. Dammit, now I can't get a Miata.

Because tacky green leather is SUPER COOL
SchizophrenicMC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-12-2012, 01:00 PM   #15615
tizzly
1994 ZJ 

Fixed my swollen drivers door arm rest with hot glue, re-gaped the spark plugs from 35 to 41-42. went for a test drive and shes running damn good now.
tizzly is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
door latch , lift + spacers

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.