Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

What did you do to your ZJ today?

4M views 55K replies 2K participants last post by  98ZJ 
#1 ·
This thread is to serve as an inspiration to others modifying their ZJ's. Pretty simple, just post what you did to your ZJ today!

Today I shamefully took my Jeep to get the oil changed because it was to hot to change it myself.

#20,801 ·
This just ain't my day....I just put the drivers door to body harness back in and I noticed that the center shaft on the door side, that goes in the center of the connector, broke off. So now I can properly install it. On top of that the repair attempt didn't even fix the issue I was having (no power locks). It actually created one, now the up/down doesn't work on the drivers side power mirror...fml

Anyone know if the female end of the harness, door side, and be replaced without having to replace the whole door harness?

1993 Grand Cherokee Limited 4.0L AW-4

#20,802 ·
Afdude88 said:
This just ain't my day....I just put the drivers door to body harness back in and I noticed that the center shaft on the door side, that goes in the center of the connector, broke off. So now I can properly install it. On top of that the repair attempt didn't even fix the issue I was having (no power locks). It actually created one, now the up/down doesn't work on the drivers side power mirror...fml

Anyone know if the female end of the harness, door side, and be replaced without having to replace the whole door harness?

1993 Grand Cherokee Limited 4.0L AW-4
Well, I happen to have the whole in door harness for a pre96.... Just that the nut in the door side of the connector is gone, so you would just have to squeeze it together really hard

Edit: and I realized how useless my post was. You can replace the bug arse connector if you are ok with soldering the ten or so wires that come out of it. Not sure if it would just be easier to replace the whole harness. New harness would have labels of which connector goes where. Pull speaker for access

#20,804 ·
Anyone replace steering shaft or steering shaft joints? Carquest is telling me they don't list any replacement parts....going to try advance next.

#20,806 ·
Drag link?
Nah...we're talking actual steering shaft from firewall to gear box. I've got some clunking going on and I've narrowed it down to the shaft having excess play. I've checked gear box bolts, tre, steering dampner, etc...I've seen a few other threads with this exact same issue but no end solutions yet

#20,807 ·
Nah...we're talking actual steering shaft from firewall to gear box. I've got some clunking going on and I've narrowed it down to the shaft having excess play. I've checked gear box bolts, tre, steering dampner, etc...I've seen a few other threads with this exact same issue but no end solutions yet
This reminds me, I've gotta check mine, as I have a little bit of play that's either in the box or the shaft (about 1/2" at the wheel) and it's got a clunk associated with it if you wiggle the wheel back and forth with the Jeep off.

On topic, I changed the oil in it yesterday.

#20,811 ·
I dont even want to begin to think about calling a dealership for parts yet
I know advance sells reman steering racks, I wrapped up a couple on a pallet last night to be sent back (i work there). I don't know if they sell them for zj's, though.

#20,812 ·
Off topic...finally made it to the jobsite
a little change, seeing as I was just kayaking this river yesterday

Automotive tire Snow Tree Motor vehicle Branch

Water Sky Natural landscape Branch Twig

Attachments