Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

What did you do to your ZJ today?

4M views 55K replies 2K participants last post by  98ZJ 
#1 ·
This thread is to serve as an inspiration to others modifying their ZJ's. Pretty simple, just post what you did to your ZJ today!

Today I shamefully took my Jeep to get the oil changed because it was to hot to change it myself.

#20,781 ·
Replaced the left front sway bar mount bushing, left front sway bar link and left outer tie rod end. Went a lot faster than planned. Air tools helped a lot with that. Though the outer tre was a pita to turn outward for about half a dozen threads.

Getting an alignment tomorrow. Damn steering wheel is gonna be annoying as hell until then though

1993 Grand Cherokee Limited 4.0L AW-4

Attachments

#20,791 ·
Just removed the driver's door-to-body harness. It's worse than I thought....apparently the po tried to do a repair job and its a mess. Not sure why but some of the wires don't even match between door side and body side.

Take a look, tell me what you think

Attachments

#20,793 ·
Afdude88 said:
Just removed the driver's door-to-body harness. It's worse than I thought....apparently the po tried to do a repair job and its a mess. Not sure why but some of the wires don't even match between door side and body side.

Take a look, tell me what you think

Worse looking than mine. When I did mine I had to sort through the wiring the PO did under the dash for the remote start. Definitely not a fun job, but working windows was worth it. Now an important note. Your local mopar parts dealer (what you would find in a stealership) will want hundreds of dollars for a harness. Go to your local jy, or wherever you can find a zj with the right door harness (I don't know if they changed in 96 with the facelift) and fix er up for all of twenty bucks said n done

#20,797 ·
Worse looking than mine. When I did mine I had to sort through the wiring the PO did under the dash for the remote start. Definitely not a fun job, but working windows was worth it. Now an important note. Your local mopar parts dealer (what you would find in a stealership) will want hundreds of dollars for a harness. Go to your local jy, or wherever you can find a zj with the right door harness (I don't know if they changed in 96 with the facelift) and fix er up for all of twenty bucks said n done
93 - 95 and 96 - 98 door harnesses are very different.

#20,798 ·
Already planned on going to the jy for it. While I have already finished the repair its not pretty at all. The po really messed up on this one. Even if I have to repair a jy one it will be a lot more reliable and pretty than the pos I'm putting back in my jeep.

The po did do one thing right though....I found out yesterday that I have the v8 tre's ::thumbs up::