What did you do to your ZJ today? - Page 1038 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your ZJ today?

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!Flush Mount LED Bumper Lights, CREE

Unread 09-10-2012, 06:07 AM   #15556
TRAVASS
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickpequignot

Behind the hinge were you can't see it?
Yes. In between the hinge part on the truck and swiveling hinge part on the door

TRAVASS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2012, 06:28 AM   #15557
nickpequignot
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRAVASS

Yes. In between the hinge part on the truck and swiveling hinge part on the door
I don't have access to my zj right now. But the way it sounds you are talking about the pin that the door swivels around?
Unread 09-10-2012, 07:39 AM   #15558
Gr8Hondo
1993 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by davigzj

Do u have pictures would be Nice...just saying so if we had to for future reference ..
Sorry, no pics. Until joining this forum I just turned the wrench to get the job done. Going forward I will make the effort to snap a shot or two as I'm quickly learning "No photo? No proof!"

1993 ZJ Limited 5.2L V8 (aka The Red Baron)
Gr8Hondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2012, 07:58 AM   #15559
N3KRV
1995 ZJ 

thats the ambiant tempature thermostat it registers on the inside concole
Paul
N3KRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2012, 08:27 AM   #15560
davigzj
Have ZJ will Travel

1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gr8Hondo

Sorry, no pics. Until joining this forum I just turned the wrench to get the job done. Going forward I will make the effort to snap a shot or two as I'm quickly learning "No photo? No proof!"

1993 ZJ Limited 5.2L V8 (aka The Red Baron)
Yup thats what i hear and we like pictures ..1000 words..
davigzj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2012, 10:34 AM   #15561
Canyon411
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickpequignot View Post
I decided this morning. I have 3 cans of semi gloss black paint. Going to get a couple 3m scuff pads. 3 cans of rust stop primer and two more cans of dupli color clear coat. Just going to take it body panel by. Body panel. Going to take the factory luggage rack off and start up there. Any one have any tips on amount of coats, when to sand ect.
From what I can see in your pics, the paint looks like it's in really good condition. Have you thought about getting some duplicolor from the autoparts store (look at paint code in drivers door jam) and then painting the hood to match what you already have? One panel is alot easier to deal with (cost of rattle cans and your time) vs spray-bombing the entire jeep.
Canyon411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2012, 11:20 AM   #15562
squazz
Web Wheeler
1993 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaLorde View Post
plus who needs e brakes
me blew brake line while climbing up a rock face came flying down the hill backwards if it wernt for the 5 speed I would had bin ****ed throwing it i first and turning he key off got me slowed down just enough to avoid catastrophic

Found Norm

finely got the legs stretched out and the $250 for the Aussie locker has to be the best investment ever, it had me climbing trees

squazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2012, 02:38 PM   #15563
tizzly
1994 ZJ 

Pulled the TB off and made a new gasket, now im running better but still not great
img_20120910_133725.jpg  
tizzly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2012, 04:26 PM   #15564
nickpequignot
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canyon411

From what I can see in your pics, the paint looks like it's in really good condition. Have you thought about getting some duplicolor from the autoparts store (look at paint code in drivers door jam) and then painting the hood to match what you already have? One panel is alot easier to deal with (cost of rattle cans and your time) vs spray-bombing the entire jeep.
Paint is junk. It will look a lot better once it's got decent paint. Even if it is rattle can
Unread 09-10-2012, 05:08 PM   #15565
Josef86
1996 ZJ 

Loaded my Lincoln Arc and Millermatic into it. That've been in storage for years. So this means The jeep is getting some love and armor.
Josef86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2012, 05:53 PM   #15566
zjphil
1997 ZJ 

Okay Guys got to share this one with you. Had to extract my ZJ from the repair shop today after a bad customer experience. You may remember from my previous posts that I had a brake problem where a ticking sound would come from under the dash followed by a crunching brake peddle back pressure thing. Then on Saturday after leaving my local McDonalds drive thru a bad scraping sound occurred from the passenger side front wheel. I assumed the worst and assumed the passenger side CV joint had broken. So I called my emergency breakdown provider as I was 9 miles from home and waited for recovery on some spare land nearby. Within an hour a guy turned up in a corporate van who was very nice and had a look under the Jeep then went on to explain he had a BMW X5 but when he got into the Jeep to test drive it around the car park he was amazed how comfortable the Jeep was and how much torque the 4.0L engine had in comparison to his 3.0 L diesel oil burner. By this time the noise had amazingly gone away but when we both went under the Jeep to take a look it was obvious the ABS sensor on the passenger side had departed company with the rest of the vehicle. He then went on to explain that the ABS system was only important in Winter and the Jeep was OK to drive home but he would follow me just in case. I made it home and to be honest with the ABS disabled the Jeep felt better than it's ever done. He then went on to explain how much discount I would get on parts and labor If he booked the Jeep in at a local repair shop. So I thought well I'm very busy at work this week and an ABS sensor should be cheap and take an hours labor to replace max so OK. So I agreed and a truck was dispatched to my residence to collect the Jeep. By 16:30 I received a telephone call to say the truck would be with me in 10 minuets. He eventually rolled up at 21:30 complaining that my house was none existent on his Tom Tom Sat Nav which he had not bothered to update in the last 5 Years. We gave him drink as he looked dehydrated and he loaded up the Jeep by which time a dense fog had rolled in from the Sea. Fortunately I have another car and I had an errand to run in the direction he was going so he could follow me back to the road. Sunday came and went without any phone calls then on Monday at 11:30 am I get a call from the repair shop. Hi we have your Jeep here what exactly is the problem supposed to be. ABS light on permanently should have given a clue here. I went on to explain the problem along with what an ABS system is and how it works. Next at 16:45 I receive a phone call from the repair shop to say hi we have an update on your Jeep our suppliers can't get a replacement ABS sensor as they don't make them anymore so could I get one off the web and they would fit it for me. Before I let them take the Jeep I'd already checked the price and availability of ABS sensors on E bay and they are $50 or 30 over here. Needless to say I jumped in a Taxi and extracted the Jeep from their workshop. Drove really nice on the way back home. I will get one and fit it myself like I should have done in the first place. Did I do the right thing?
zjphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2012, 06:40 PM   #15567
mandrews000
1997 ZJ 

I would have done The same. If you have difficulty finding one I think I have a couple, ad I am going to several junk yards thursday...

On topic, Thursday I am driving from NC through VA, WV, and OH on I77 to 80/90 and on to MI... Does anyone know of good junk yards along my path. I am specifically searching for a black front passenger quarter panel, a black leather drivers seat, and adjustable control arms/ track bar...
mandrews000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2012, 07:11 PM   #15568
nickpequignot
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandrews000
I would have done The same. If you have difficulty finding one I think I have a couple, ad I am going to several junk yards thursday...

On topic, Thursday I am driving from NC through VA, WV, and OH on I77 to 80/90 and on to MI... Does anyone know of good junk yards along my path. I am specifically searching for a black front passenger quarter panel, a black leather drivers seat, and adjustable control arms/ track bar...
In new haven Indiana the pick a part has a minimum of 10 zjs all the time it seems. I took a door latch off a black zj. The driver seat was leather. Didn't look at it all that close but it looked flawless. Didnt looke at quater panel that close either. But I'm sure it was straight and intact.
Unread 09-10-2012, 07:17 PM   #15569
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by zjphil View Post
Okay Guys got to share this one with you. Had to extract my ZJ from the repair shop today after a bad customer experience. You may remember from my previous posts that I had a brake problem where a ticking sound would come from under the dash followed by a crunching brake peddle back pressure thing. Then on Saturday after leaving my local McDonalds drive thru a bad scraping sound occurred from the passenger side front wheel. I assumed the worst and assumed the passenger side CV joint had broken. So I called my emergency breakdown provider as I was 9 miles from home and waited for recovery on some spare land nearby. Within an hour a guy turned up in a corporate van who was very nice and had a look under the Jeep then went on to explain he had a BMW X5 but when he got into the Jeep to test drive it around the car park he was amazed how comfortable the Jeep was and how much torque the 4.0L engine had in comparison to his 3.0 L diesel oil burner. By this time the noise had amazingly gone away but when we both went under the Jeep to take a look it was obvious the ABS sensor on the passenger side had departed company with the rest of the vehicle. He then went on to explain that the ABS system was only important in Winter and the Jeep was OK to drive home but he would follow me just in case. I made it home and to be honest with the ABS disabled the Jeep felt better than it's ever done. He then went on to explain how much discount I would get on parts and labor If he booked the Jeep in at a local repair shop. So I thought well I'm very busy at work this week and an ABS sensor should be cheap and take an hours labor to replace max so OK. So I agreed and a truck was dispatched to my residence to collect the Jeep. By 16:30 I received a telephone call to say the truck would be with me in 10 minuets. He eventually rolled up at 21:30 complaining that my house was none existent on his Tom Tom Sat Nav which he had not bothered to update in the last 5 Years. We gave him drink as he looked dehydrated and he loaded up the Jeep by which time a dense fog had rolled in from the Sea. Fortunately I have another car and I had an errand to run in the direction he was going so he could follow me back to the road. Sunday came and went without any phone calls then on Monday at 11:30 am I get a call from the repair shop. Hi we have your Jeep here what exactly is the problem supposed to be. ABS light on permanently should have given a clue here. I went on to explain the problem along with what an ABS system is and how it works. Next at 16:45 I receive a phone call from the repair shop to say hi we have an update on your Jeep our suppliers can't get a replacement ABS sensor as they don't make them anymore so could I get one off the web and they would fit it for me. Before I let them take the Jeep I'd already checked the price and availability of ABS sensors on E bay and they are $50 or 30 over here. Needless to say I jumped in a Taxi and extracted the Jeep from their workshop. Drove really nice on the way back home. I will get one and fit it myself like I should have done in the first place. Did I do the right thing?
I let a shop have my ZJ for over a week to put in a new fuel pump. When I was ready to leave town I went to pick it up and the jerks hadn't even touched it. I took it back and put the pump in myself in the rain. Took a couple hours never having done it before.
PolkaPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2012, 07:51 PM   #15570
JustinW23
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by zjphil
One of my ABS sensors broke and was making some interesting sounds. I can honestly say that I prefer driving without the ABS. It seems to require a bit less effort while stopping. I am not going to replace the broken sensor. I might just remove the ABS light from the instrument cluster.

'98 ZJ 5.2 6" Long Arms, 265 75R 16's, Magnaflow Cat and Super 40, Taurus Fan Swap
JustinW23 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
door latch

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.