What did you do to your ZJ today? - Page 1037 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your ZJ today?

The ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! BroughIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 09-09-2012, 07:00 PM   #15541
jsadler
1994 ZJ 

I pulled my transmission out today.

Unread 09-09-2012, 07:08 PM   #15542
mojop79
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZJMTL

Are you running 32s with a bb? How's the rubbing? Any cutting?
No its a 3.5" front rear swap with RE coils. 32" tires. No rubs, but need bumpstops. 2" bb requires cutting for 32's.
mojop79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2012, 07:21 PM   #15543
ZJMTL
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojop79 View Post
No its a 3.5" front rear swap with RE coils. 32" tires. No rubs, but need bumpstops. 2" bb requires cutting for 32's.
Cool, I figured it looked bigger, just reading your profile information said BB so I had to ask.
ZJMTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2012, 07:25 PM   #15544
capcyclone

1998 ZJ 

Back Hatch Glass Wouldn't Lock!

So today I popped my back hatch glass open to place some items in the rear and the glass hatch lock wouldn't release to allow me to close the glass.

So, looking around I saw that there were only a few (about 10) phillips screws holding the back plastic moulding on the hatch, so I removed those so that I could see the actuator better. I used some silicone spray to lube up the mechanism and voila! Works like a charm.

The whole "repair" took about 15 minutes and it's operating just like new!

I love it when a repair goes well. Albeit it was simple, it still restores confidence that I can fix most of the issues I run into with it.
Unread 09-09-2012, 07:30 PM   #15545
niles6284
2001 WJ 

I replaced my u-Joint on the driver sid ethe other day.. thats about it, been to busy saving gas with my new to me bike to drive it.. for some reason I feel as though i am mistreating my Jeep in a way. poor baby

I traded off my 04 Yamaha Bruin for it, 2003 Honda shadow 600, 8700 miles on it when I got it
bike-pic.jpg  
AKA "Beagle"
niles6284 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2012, 08:04 PM   #15546
mandrews000
1997 ZJ 

The wife just got more stickers and some 6" off road lights for it.
mandrews000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2012, 08:28 PM   #15547
Basheo
1993 ZJ 

put ford 9 inch under the backend also installed spool now just gotta pick up some seals fluid mount the calipers brakes and get adapter u joint also need to drill out front axle flange to fit the 5x5.5 rims then slap on the 38.5" tires cant wait
Basheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2012, 09:17 PM   #15548
nickpequignot
1996 ZJ 

Well everyone knows I had my little problem this afternoon with the hood. Made an emergency run to pick a part. Got new hood. Hood hinges. Upper rad support and then driver door lock. Started the repairs off by welding te cracked driver door were the latch bolts. Got the new latch in. Just need to fix the sagging door. I remember a while back a fix to it but can't find it. Anyone? Then I moved to the upper rad support. Now I have a straight one. Hood hinges. Let me tell you what. Even if your hands are moderately sized that's a pain in the a***. But we are all good for school in the morning. Dad told me go to advanced and get some good pins so I have the extra safety for the hood.
Unread 09-09-2012, 09:43 PM   #15549
jeepgoonie
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickpequignot
Well everyone knows I had my little problem this afternoon with the hood. Made an emergency run to pick a part. Got new hood. Hood hinges. Upper rad support and then driver door lock. Started the repairs off by welding te cracked driver door were the latch bolts. Got the new latch in. Just need to fix the sagging door. I remember a while back a fix to it but can't find it. Anyone? Then I moved to the upper rad support. Now I have a straight one. Hood hinges. Let me tell you what. Even if your hands are moderately sized that's a pain in the a***. But we are all good for school in the morning. Dad told me go to advanced and get some good pins so I have the extra safety for the hood.
Put washers on the lower hinge to fix the door sag
Unread 09-09-2012, 10:56 PM   #15550
Josef86
1996 ZJ 

Drove it to the parts store to get gaskets and junk for an '02 Frontier. Spent the rest of the day with the jeep playing tunes while wrenching on the Nissan. Frontier is now fixed, major PITA to work on.

For the first time there isn't a thing I need to repair on the jeep. Damn good feeling. The 4" IRO SA lift is stiff as balls, but i think i just need to air down the BFGs or go to a larger tire.

Time to break some ****.
Josef86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2012, 12:16 AM   #15551
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickpequignot View Post
I saw those pics. Knowing that you are ok and the Jeep is fine I have to admit I did laugh because it looked pretty silly. Probably all those violent cartoon when growing up.
PolkaPower is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2012, 01:21 AM   #15552
Gr8Hondo
1993 ZJ 

Took a giant leap and attempted the capacitor swap in the ECU after experiencing all of the symptoms previously mentioned.

1 1/2 hrs later, fingers crossed ...(wait for it) fired right up! Whew!

Don't want to do it again, but good to know I could if I had to.

1993 ZJ Limited 5.2L V8
Gr8Hondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2012, 04:09 AM   #15553
davigzj
Have ZJ will Travel

1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gr8Hondo
Took a giant leap and attempted the capacitor swap in the ECU after experiencing all of the symptoms previously mentioned.

1 1/2 hrs later, fingers crossed ...(wait for it) fired right up! Whew!

Don't want to do it again, but good to know I could if I had to.

1993 ZJ Limited 5.2L V8
Do u have pictures would be Nice...just saying so if we had to for future reference ..
davigzj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2012, 04:55 AM   #15554
nickpequignot
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepgoonie

Put washers on the lower hinge to fix the door sag
Behind the hinge were you can't see it?
Unread 09-10-2012, 05:04 AM   #15555
nickpequignot
1996 ZJ 

I decided this morning. I have 3 cans of semi gloss black paint. Going to get a couple 3m scuff pads. 3 cans of rust stop primer and two more cans of dupli color clear coat. Just going to take it body panel by. Body panel. Going to take the factory luggage rack off and start up there. Any one have any tips on amount of coats, when to sand ect.

Tags
door latch

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.