What did you do to your ZJ today? - Page 1029 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your ZJ today?

Gear Installs at CCOR SpecialNEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WDEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 09-05-2012, 09:56 PM   #15421
dnuccio
1995 ZJ 

Added halogen reverse lights
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f13/h...t-mod-1414111/

dnuccio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-05-2012, 10:08 PM   #15422
FPKites
ZJjazzyJim

1996 ZJ 

Got a little chilly yesterday, so I turned the dial toward heat just a smidge....greeted with el-stinko and steam on the passenger window and windshield.

Heater core gave out...grrrrrr :
Best customer service in the states:

Best mod you'll ever do on ANY vehicle!!!!

FPKites is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-05-2012, 10:32 PM   #15423
ZJMTL
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPKites View Post
Got a little chilly yesterday, so I turned the dial toward heat just a smidge....greeted with el-stinko and steam on the passenger window and windshield.

Welcome to the club
ZJMTL is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-05-2012, 10:39 PM   #15424
Myusername1674
Web Wheeler

1995 ZJ 

Finished rolling in my fenders, oh how I wish I had more zj time, the most time I can get to work on it is a few hrs every couple days :/ Anyways now I needa do pinch seem...

image-675873982.jpg

My 5.9 swap (in progress)

Want your zj to be doorless in 60 seconds?
Myusername1674 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-06-2012, 01:21 AM   #15425
Josef86
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPKites

What's a heater core? Lol

Pros of the dirty south.
Josef86 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-06-2012, 09:01 AM   #15426
riot1987
Professional Wise Guy

1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPKites View Post

I dunno if its the same one in the 5.2 but, I have one out of an I6 for sale

Build thread^^
riot1987 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-06-2012, 09:19 AM   #15427
mtsgsd
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborn View Post
x2 to the above statement. Its a lack of vaccum that is changing your modes. This is basically a safety feature that manufactures design so if you lose engine vaccum you will still be able to see out your windshield in the winter.
Thanks. That's what I was hoping for. I know why it goes to defrost, but I was a little worried that the leak could be behind the dash.

Today it's the rear wheels, rear brakes and e-brake. The last two old trucks I bought had the e-brake completely disabled (as in no cable). At least this one looks like everything's there, just needs to be fixed. Then I have to swap the 1 7/8" ball for a 2" one, and fix some broken welds on the trailer. Then I can look at the vacuum issue.
mtsgsd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-06-2012, 12:40 PM   #15428
tattooDevilsfan
1999 XJ Cherokee 

After market parts for my 2011 Overland

So I've recently purchased a new/used Overland and I was looking for performance parts. So far I found a Borla Cat-back exhaust and the Air intake. Is that the best exhaust system to go with? I also have been thinking about going with those new black aluminum wheels that come with the GC Altitude. What do you guys think about those rims? My Overland is Black so I'm not sure to stay with chrome or go dark.

Does anyone know where I might find the dimensions for the SRT-8 hood? I would love to put that bad boy on my Overland. LOL
Also I have a 99 GC limited for sale if anyone is looking for one. It has 200K miles on it.
tattooDevilsfan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-06-2012, 12:49 PM   #15429
bananaslug
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tattooDevilsfan View Post
So I've recently purchased a new/used Overland and I was looking for performance parts. So far I found a Borla Cat-back exhaust and the Air intake. Is that the best exhaust system to go with? I also have been thinking about going with those new black aluminum wheels that come with the GC Altitude. What do you guys think about those rims? My Overland is Black so I'm not sure to stay with chrome or go dark.

Does anyone know where I might find the dimensions for the SRT-8 hood? I would love to put that bad boy on my Overland. LOL
Also I have a 99 GC limited for sale if anyone is looking for one. It has 200K miles on it.
You probably have a WK2 if youre looking at swapping a SRT8 hood. This is the ZJ section for 93-98 Grand Cherokees. Google the year of your GC and youll find the associated alpha code. To answer, the Altitude rims look cool but are probably an arm and a leg and not available used yet unless someone upgraded.
bananaslug is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-06-2012, 01:13 PM   #15430
ZJMTL
1996 ZJ 

Took the bull horns off my hood. Kind of sick of people pointing and staring
ZJMTL is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-06-2012, 01:27 PM   #15431
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

If you ever drop your fuel tank for whatever reason, remember to reconnect the gas filler tube before you go get gas.
PolkaPower is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-06-2012, 02:17 PM   #15432
davigzj
Have ZJ will Travel

1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolkaPower
If you ever drop your fuel tank for whatever reason, remember to reconnect the gas filler tube before you go get gas.
NO you didnt! Facepalm :[/ for sure sorry to hear that..
OT. Drove it to Wal-Mart. Bought a Hostes Apple pie were out of Cherry ;/
davigzj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-06-2012, 03:21 PM   #15433
98ZJLTD
1998 ZJ 

Finally took it in to get the exhaust welded.

My build thread- [url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/98zjltds-build-thread-1557637/[/url]
98ZJLTD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-06-2012, 05:18 PM   #15434
RazorbackZJ
1994 ZJ 

Tried putting some 134a in this afternoon and nothing doing. Don't know what the issue is. Put the hose on like I always do and it would not suck it in. The engine would cycle like the AC was kicking on and off the compressor wasn't turning??? Never had this issue before. Anyone have any tips? Bad recharge hose? Don't think that's it. Could something be clogged?
RazorbackZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-06-2012, 05:23 PM   #15435
SchizophrenicMC
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorbackZJ View Post
Tried putting some 134a in this afternoon and nothing doing. Don't know what the issue is. Put the hose on like I always do and it would not suck it in. The engine would cycle like the AC was kicking on and off the compressor wasn't turning??? Never had this issue before. Anyone have any tips? Bad recharge hose? Don't think that's it. Could something be clogged?
Last time that happened to me, the a/c clutch had gone out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josef86 View Post
What's a heater core? Lol

Pros of the dirty south.
It was 103 today. Who needs a heater?

Because tacky green leather is SUPER COOL
SchizophrenicMC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
door latch , lift + spacers

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.