Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

What did you do to your ZJ today?

4M views 55K replies 2K participants last post by  98ZJ 
#1 ·
This thread is to serve as an inspiration to others modifying their ZJ's. Pretty simple, just post what you did to your ZJ today!

Today I shamefully took my Jeep to get the oil changed because it was to hot to change it myself.

#20,562 ·
Found out that a local tool rental store has a plasma cutter for $75 a day. Since there expensive to buy and I'd only have use for it once in a blue moon I was excited to find one...now anyone have plans for front and rear bumpers. Will eventually put a winch on so the front is my main concern

#20,565 ·
Video games? I don't have time for that ****. I own a ZJ. If I'm not driving it, I'm fixing it.

Speaking of which, and BOT, I'm getting the final bits and pieces together for my front end rebuild. :eek: Now I just need time to do it. I'm working 14 hour days for the next two weeks, but after that I get a week off and I'll have mad money in my pocket. The other idea I have brewing in the back of my head is either a 44a or a 8.8 swap in the rear. This one-wheel-peel **** is killing me.
i just bought my first jeep. a 94 jz limited with the 5.2. is this my future? cool!
:2thumbsup:

#20,567 ·
New ball joints on the left side....right side tomorrow morning. Still have to change out the drivers side axle shaft u-joint before everything goes back together. We will see how that goes without a press....going to try to use the ball joint kit as seen on youtube.

One of the ball joints actually came apart during removal

Also have to file down the dust shield where I guaged it trying to get the hub/bearing to seperate from the shield

1993 Grand Cherokee Limited 4.0L AW-4

Attachments

#20,569 ·
The past week, I changed the oil pan, rear main, rod bearings, starter, harmonic balancer, 3" lift, new ball joints, and fixed the transmission leak from the output shaft.

And got some Dunlop rover rvt tires (loud as heck) 32"

#20,570 ·
The past week, I changed the oil pan, rear main, rod bearings, starter, harmonic balancer, 3" lift, new ball joints, and fixed the transmission leak from the output shaft.

And got some Dunlop rover rvt tires (loud as heck) 32"
DANG!! You were busy! Assuming the engine was still in your ZJ, is it also within reach to do the oil pump while doing the rod bearings?

#20,572 ·
bridger04 said:
rub, now what? Go bigger, add pucks? Clean looking jeep, looks good man
Nah, stay at 3.5, so far only thing rubbing is the bumpers,

Automotive tire Hood Tire Automotive lighting Tread

This the front of the rear bumper, just needs to be notched out and cleaned up.

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Automotive lighting Hood

This is behind the rear door, only notched a small portion of metal out of the way. Everyone sees the jeep and tells me to go bigger but honestly this a very fictional plat form to work with.

Will be building cross over steering for it, and making sliders, then taking it wheeling with my buddy in his jk to see how it performs. So far though little bit I've done here and there its dug in and went so we shall see

#20,573 ·
Went and bought some stainless bolts for my diff cover, installed new outer bearings and seals, cleaned up my shafts, and I just put a coat of primer on my brake caliper brackets, and will be putting everything back together tomorrow, so hopefully my 8.8 will be ready to go in during spring break after I buy all the brake parts. Also ordered a lube locker and some front coil isolators.

Attachments

#20,574 ·
Well I was pushing out the caps of my axle shaft u joint today and I broke the axle side. Are c/v shafts fully compatable with a zj that originally came with axle shafts?

Oh and I have a brand new moog greasable axle shaft u-joint if anyone wants it.

Attachments

#20,575 ·
Went and bought some stainless bolts for my diff cover, installed new outer bearings and seals, cleaned up my shafts, and I just put a coat of primer on my brake caliper brackets, and will be putting everything back together tomorrow, so hopefully my 8.8 will be ready to go in during spring break after I buy all the brake parts. Also ordered a lube locker and some front coil isolators.
Where did you get your isolators from?

#20,576 ·