What is considered a rusty underbody? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What is considered a rusty underbody?

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 07-02-2013, 07:18 PM   #16
RoldGold
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeeJay1997 View Post
if you feel compelled to asked the question, it is probably too much rust.
I have learned that I have barely any rust. I was curious though, since I had nothing to compare to.

RoldGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-02-2013, 07:28 PM   #17
a70eliminator

My one zj was so bad that I got pulled over and issued a warning ticket for having jagged edges, 48hr.re-inspect I **** you not, passed with duct tape. Cop said to make sure my tetnus shots were up to date and let me go.
a70eliminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-03-2013, 01:05 AM   #18
SLOspeed
1996 ZJ 

Any visible rust anywhere is too much rust for me. Especially considering that the junkyards here are filled with spotlessly clean jeeps.
SLOspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-03-2013, 01:31 AM   #19
zRoxxah
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZJMatt View Post
Well put it this way... I bought a 98 off my buddy that was so rusty that the front passenger's control arm tore completely out of the frame. Bought it for the axles since it only had 108k miles and 3.73 gears. When I put it up on jack stands, the jack stands went right through the frame rails in the back. Swapped axles and 2 months later found a large crack in the A-pillar support on the driver's side on the jeep I just put all the work into. Went to weld it and all the metal around it was just flaking out... so now that jeep is a parts jeep too.

Here's a pic of my new 98 which came from Vermont and has 202k miles. I was really surprised for a Vermont vehicle to be this clean, couldn't turn it down. I just replaced the exhaust before taking the pic...
diggin the zip ties holding that tube in place. way to keep it ZJ!
Unread 07-03-2013, 07:01 AM   #20
a70eliminator

I was guessing a posative cable to a for an aux 12v supply to a winch, camper, or trailer brakes.
a70eliminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-03-2013, 09:26 PM   #21
dunkeye11
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZJMatt
Well put it this way... I bought a 98 off my buddy that was so rusty that the front passenger's control arm tore completely out of the frame. Bought it for the axles since it only had 108k miles and 3.73 gears. When I put it up on jack stands, the jack stands went right through the frame rails in the back. Swapped axles and 2 months later found a large crack in the A-pillar support on the driver's side on the jeep I just put all the work into. Went to weld it and all the metal around it was just flaking out... so now that jeep is a parts jeep too.

Here's a pic of my new 98 which came from Vermont and has 202k miles. I was really surprised for a Vermont vehicle to be this clean, couldn't turn it down. I just replaced the exhaust before taking the pic...
Is my cat supposed to have a nice little metal house like that????
dunkeye11 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.