What can be done for less as possible - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What can be done for less as possible

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRuffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO

Unread 06-06-2011, 03:31 PM   #1
DayneZ
1996 ZJ 

What can be done for less as possible

Wanna start making the jeep look sick, but dont have the money to do all i want right now. Where can i start to get on my way? I already figured cutting the bumpers and adding a roof rack. Maybe smoking tailights and headlights? And i thought about moving the antennae to the side below the taillight. Let me know what you think...open to all suggestions!!

DayneZ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-06-2011, 03:41 PM   #2
phbrown
1994 ZJ 

stickers?
Unread 06-06-2011, 03:43 PM   #3
DayneZ
1996 ZJ 

got my zoom bait, strike king lures, backwater paddels, quantum stickers on there...im a big fisherman. Also got the daystar stickers and oakley decals
Unread 06-06-2011, 04:28 PM   #4
Midnightluckey
1995 ZJ 

You could paint stuff? Put a BB in? Do you already have a CB?
95 Limited Chargold ZJ 5.2L -5.5" lift (IRO, Ironman, and RC parts), 33" BFG M/T's, 15x8 procomp crawlers, 242 swap, 2 12" subs, 1000w amp, cherry bomb, full skid package, Kevins rear stealth bumper clone w 3/4" D rings, Rlcwelding front bumper w 3/8" D rings, XRC-8, front tow hooks, 2 daylighter fairlead lights, 2 daylighter windsheild lights, 2 55w driving lights, OBA, Cobra 18 CB, dual 4' whips, RC disconnects, smittybuilt jack, optima yellowtop.
Built not bought #512
Midnightluckey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-06-2011, 05:02 PM   #5
LordHobbit
1993 ZJ 

go drive through a big mud puddle.

Isn't red the only color a vehicle should be?
If at first you don't succeed, use more speed.
LordHobbit is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-06-2011, 05:25 PM   #6
cdaniels85
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordHobbit
go drive through a big mud puddle.
x2!
cdaniels85 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-06-2011, 06:43 PM   #7
biebs53
1998 ZJ 

Lower it with some 22's and add as much chrome as possible

Build thread: [url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/project-raven-biebs53-build-thread-1215245/[/FONT][/url][/CENTER]
biebs53 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-06-2011, 06:55 PM   #8
rooster51
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by biebs53 View Post
Lower it with some 22's and add as much chrome as possible
24's are the new 22's.
Unread 06-06-2011, 07:02 PM   #9
biebs53
1998 ZJ 

I meant 22" tires to go with his Inline V6

Build thread: [url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/project-raven-biebs53-build-thread-1215245/[/FONT][/url][/CENTER]
biebs53 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-06-2011, 07:25 PM   #10
TallyZJ
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DayneZ View Post
Wanna start making the jeep look sick, but dont have the money to do all i want right now. Where can i start to get on my way? I already figured cutting the bumpers and adding a roof rack. Maybe smoking tailights and headlights? And i thought about moving the antennae to the side below the taillight. Let me know what you think...open to all suggestions!!
Start slow and use your budget. Focus on something you want to do first and just simply collect some money up as you are able and then find that particular thing and get it as cheaply as possible. You will find that getting in a hurry will lead to buying inferior parts that you will not be happy with.

I am on my third or fourth year of running my 1996 ZJ Laredo, and just this past winter I finally got the lift springs under it. I actually purchased the lift kit used, which included front and rear Rubicon Express coil springs and two Rubicon Express adjustable track bars off of a forum member. I stored this kit for nearly two years before I was able to get it installed due to lack of other parts.

I traded some stuff for some good used Rubicon Express twin tube shocks for my lift height. Held those for almost two years before I put them on while waiting to lift it.

Then I got two upper front control arms. Then I got two lower front control arms. I then installed that set. I still have factory rear arms.

I then purchased an IRO adjustable heavy duty track bar for the front. That is now installed.

I got JKS upper shock stem eliminators and lower bar pin eliminators. I just installed those last week. Had them for months.

Last December I purchased a set of Maxxis Big Horn Radials 265/75/R16.

Coming together but slowly.

You really should do your lift and tires first. Everything else you buy might be based off the amount of lift you go with.

Make a plan:
- Decide what tire size you want to run

- Plan how much lift you need for the tire size you plan to run. Then start collecting the parts for your lift. Try to get good used stuff.

- Don't cut anything until you find out what you need to cut
TallyZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-07-2011, 07:01 AM   #11
DayneZ
1996 ZJ 

Thanks tallyZJ that was helpful....as far as the 22s and 24s and chrome and all that...you can have that, i'll stick with mud and rock

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.