Well crap lol - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Well crap lol

Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGGEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE

Unread 06-09-2010, 11:55 AM   #1
kentever
2000 WJ 

Well crap lol

Ok this morning going to work my jeep ran fine but died right before i turned into the parking lot, it started right back up and everything under the hood looked fine. When I left it started fine and drove like normal. Engine temp. oil pressure and everything normal the whole way home until I was about to take my exit. It started tapping and then died right before I got pulled over and would not start back up. I checked the radiator and the cap was cool enough to take off and my overflow tank is still full. I put some water in and it poured straight out the bottom when I got underneath I notice my drain valve is now missing. So I lost all my water and I guess the engine overheated but going by the guage inside it never even got to normal running temp so i didnt know until it started knocking. I tryed to jump it off just so I could get it the 1/2 block to my house and would not even turn over. I let it cool down and started it, runs horrible but I got it into my driveway now. So obviously I need to fix/replace the radiator but what damage is done to my engine and whats making the noise? There is no water in the oil that I can see and the level is fine and not leaking anything underneath except water. Any thoughts?

Unread 06-09-2010, 11:58 AM   #2
JJAMISON_
2008 JK Wrangler 

your engine temp sensor works off of the water temp basically so no water= no temp. I would go change the oil for GP, check the belts, maybe even check all the hoses. running out of water shouldn't make it run that bad unless the computer caught it and the code is in there. ???? i dunno.
Unread 06-09-2010, 12:10 PM   #3
kentever
2000 WJ 

Raining now so ill wait till later yeah that makes sence about the temp but my temp didnt drop it was just a little below normal when it died. No lights on the dash ever came on and i just checked there are no codes in it now.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.