Weird electrical problem ?? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Weird electrical problem ??

Savvy Aluminum BumpersIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe RuffStuff "I can't go to EJS" Sale!

Unread 04-17-2013, 05:53 PM   #1
adamysr

Weird electrical problem ??

So I know jeeps have some weird electro problems, and the one I have falls into that category . So when I'm driving at night with my head lights on everything is fine until I turn right. Every time I turn right, my dome lights turn on (I actually here them "click" on) and my "door ajar" sensor kicks on, and after I stop turning and drive strait the dome lights "click" off??? It doesn't do it when I turn left, only when I turn right. It's really annoying. Any thoughts or ideas ??? I would imagine something is shorting, but where to start ??

adamysr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2013, 06:48 PM   #2
angry_trucker
1998 FSJ Cherokee 

I would start looking at the left side door latches & switches, most likely the driver's door, because it gets the most use...
When you turn right, the centrifugal force is acting on the doors on the left side and they are "trying" to open...there could be just enough play to activate the light and door ajar..
angry_trucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2013, 08:14 PM   #3
ZeeJay1997
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamysr View Post
Any thoughts or ideas ???
Dont turn right!

But really now folks...

Angry trucker has a good idea, pull the drivers kick panel and move the wires going into the door.
ZeeJay1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2013, 08:15 PM   #4
znm1994
1996 ZJ 

could it been your rear glass sensor?? i know in mine if that gets lose the dome lights will kick on and the vic goes crazy
znm1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2013, 10:51 PM   #5
adamysr

Thanks, ill check the door panel. I don't think it's the rear hatch, I rarely use it and it feels pretty secure.
adamysr is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.