Water Trapped in Frame - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Water Trapped in Frame

15 x 8 Black D-Window Steel Wheels Set of 4Magnaflow SS Cat Back Exhaust System, Street, High ClearanRCV Heavy Duty Axle Shafts Now Shipping at Baseline4x4.com

Unread 12-05-2001, 12:21 PM   #1
psimpson

Water Trapped in Frame

My 96 Grand Cherokee Limited gets water trapped somewhere in the frame which results in the right rear carpet becoming soaked. This happens when driving in severe rain or when driving extensively in high humidity with the A/C on. There are no obviously blocked drain holes in the frame.

Any help would be appreciated.

Peter Simpson

psimpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2001, 06:02 PM   #2
GrandCherokeeLifer

That sounds like an internal(in the car itself) problem, not an external one like rain getting in. Have you had the heater core checked?
04 VW Touareg
GrandCherokeeLifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-10-2001, 06:59 PM   #3
jeepzj81

ok that sounds like AC evaporation is getting into the car - Grand Cherokees are bad about clogging the drain line for the AC and it will soak the entire passenger side floor board. if this problem only occurs with AC on this is what it might be. there is a TSB i can't find the number but it details how to clean the evap line out. the process is drilling a small hole putting a wire down it and then plugging the hole back up. other signs of it being the evap drainage would be a moldy smell in the cabin.
jeepzj81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-11-2001, 05:17 PM   #4
psimpson

Thanks for the tip. I'll try cleaning out the drain.
Unread 12-16-2001, 01:35 PM   #5
eir198

I have had the same problem with water on the right hand side. Even had the dealer take a look. There are drain holes that get clogged under the wippers. This is what they told me. It is now happening again even after not using the ac. I noticed it was wet after i washed my jeep.
eir198 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-17-2001, 11:33 AM   #6
psimpson

There is a TSB for this problem, # 960628. The fix is really easy. It took me approx. 5 minutes. Waiting for some warm humid weather to prove the fix is good, but so far so good.

Thanks all. psimpson@auspex.com

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.