Water Question - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Water Question

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 09-17-2003, 08:20 PM   #1
fureyj

Water Question

With the East coast about to be hit by Isabel I want to know what my Jeep's water capabilities are. First how water tight are G.C's. Second how deep can I go through water without drowning out. My Jeep is a 1996 G.C. Laredo with the 5.2L and quadratrac transfer case. Please let me know in the next 12-24 hours so I know if I'm safe to travel around during the storm.

fureyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-17-2003, 08:29 PM   #2
madmanfrommars

Use common sense and don't go through five foot deep puddles.

Once went through a large puddle in a minivan. The car didnt' stall out but the belt slipped off. I lost power steering and had to stop every five minutes to let the engine cool down until I got home.

Good luck with the storm, I live on Long Island, NY so I should be getting some of it too.
madmanfrommars is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-17-2003, 08:31 PM   #3
GrandCherokeeLifer

My VW can go through 19" of water. I bet that our jeeps can handle at least 12"-15" with a problem. Just go slowly through it so you don't splash water up inside the engine compartment.
04 VW Touareg
GrandCherokeeLifer is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.