Water leaks onto driver's side when it rains - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Water leaks onto driver's side when it rains

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail

Unread 10-01-2004, 10:20 AM   #1
wizjeep97

Water leaks onto driver's side when it rains

Hello, I don't know if anyone has experienced this. Everytime it rains, water gets onto the driver's side (under brake pedal), soaking the mats and carpet. This happens only on the driver's side, not passenger. Also, seems to happen only when the car is parked! Any thoughts on how to troubleshoot? THX

wizjeep97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-01-2004, 07:01 PM   #2
Meerkat
1996 ZJ 

Sounds like a two person job to me.
Have a friend with a garden hose run water over the windshield (bottom edge) while you watch under the dash. If you don't see any drips, have your helper move the hose up the edge of the glass across the top then to the sunroof (if you have one).

HTH
Unread 10-02-2004, 10:50 AM   #3
driabyor
1994 ZJ 

could be a bad door gasket
driabyor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-02-2004, 09:26 PM   #4
BillyTJ

cool when i was looking throught the threads i clicked on this quick. Having the same exact problem. Forums are awsome

[SIZE=2][COLOR=White][B]WHITE JEEP CLUB [/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]
BillyTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-05-2004, 08:07 AM   #5
wizjeep97

I tried what WVD said. I pulled back the rug and had someone look while I sprayed water along the driver's windshield. Then I sprayed around where the door meet the fender and a small amount of water was getting in.

It looks like the best approach is to remove the front driver's door fender.

Thanks all for your suggestions!
wizjeep97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2012, 03:12 PM   #6
CMEvans79
2007 JK Wrangler 

I have an 06 Grand Cherokee (And I know this thread has been dead for awhile) but I'm having this problem too. Any more updates or assistance to fix this problem?
Unread 05-16-2013, 07:47 PM   #7
mikedelf
2005 XJ Cherokee 

i have a 05 grand cherokee and its leaking like crazy, i saw a youtube video, and it showed me that the sunroof drains are clogged, and at the botthom of the floor is where its being clogged which back up to the pilar, im gonna try it tomorrow
mikedelf is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.