Water coming from vents? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Water coming from vents?

Rampage Bowless Soft Top Oconee offroadAlloy USA Still AvailableAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 02-14-2014, 09:59 PM   #1
kodybonham
1995 ZJ 

Water coming from vents?

Hey guys I've got a 95 zj with the 4.0. It's been snowing like crazy here in indiana today. The jeep has sat all day, I just started it to go pull a friend out. When I started it, I immediately turned on the defrost on the highest heat. I noticed I felt tiny water droplets coming out of the defrost vents hitting me in the face? Is this just some form of condensation? Just kind of a worrisome person, jut wanted to see if anyone has experienced this? The AC hasn't worked since 2005 and it hasn't been charged since, so the AC has nothin in it.

Unread 02-15-2014, 01:58 AM   #2
phitmein
Web Wheeler

1995 ZJ 

If you see a kind of oily sheen on the windshield it is almost cerainly the heater core is bad .
phitmein is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-15-2014, 02:18 AM   #3
newfieZJ
1995 ZJ 

There are no filters on the air induction . Snow can be considered an airborne particle so when the jeep is cold , it can bring small airborne particles , such as fine snow , through the system and in the vehicle . I've seen/felt it several times . Normal !
newfieZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-15-2014, 08:51 AM   #4
kodybonham
1995 ZJ 

Phitmein, I don't see any kind of oily residue or anything on the windshield. How would I know if the heater core is bad? The heat works perfect, it's warm even in this weather within probably 5 minutes.
Unread 02-15-2014, 08:56 AM   #5
kodybonham
1995 ZJ 

Newfiezj, yeah thast something else I had considered it would be, since there isn't a cabin air filter. Considering it's only happened one other time that I've noticed and that was last winter. I guess my theory was that when I drove the jeep early that morning, the vents were extremely hot, I had the heat cranked to the max. Then I parked it, in the cold obviously, and the temperature change caused condensation to form in be vents.
Unread 02-15-2014, 08:47 PM   #6
phitmein
Web Wheeler

1995 ZJ 

If you are not losing rad. fluid no oily sheen on the windshield above the vents and the carpet is not wet on the passenger side floor the odds are you are very good to go core wise .

I got my fingers crossed for you brother because a new core is a pain in the behind to do or have done .
phitmein is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.