Warped and Cracked Vinyl on Armrests and Dash - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Warped and Cracked Vinyl on Armrests and Dash

ROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO NEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 10-31-2012, 04:14 PM   #1
philstricker
1998 ZJ 

Warped and Cracked Vinyl on Armrests and Dash

Just finished checking out a few other (and pretty old) threads on this issue and didn't find any perfect answers besides completely replacing the parts which seems too costly for a simple cosmetic defect.

Here's my plan. My idea for the front door arm rests is to cut the area to a rectangle to remove the chewed-up vinyl and foam, then replace it with foam from a mouse pad and cover that with a vinyl patch repair kit.

What I want to do with the right side dash is cut out and remove the warped bits and possibly cover up with some nice putty and then paint to match.

This seems to be a common problem without a common solution so I just wanted to document what I did, maybe someone will find it useful. Any ideas/suggestions?

Here are pics of the damaged areas.

1.jpg   2.jpg   3.jpg   4.jpg   5.jpg  

6.jpg   7.jpg   8.jpg  
Unread 10-31-2012, 04:38 PM   #2
xcaliber81
1994 ZJ 

I replaced my drivers door pannel on my 94 zj, i was able to get the plastic door panel and the armrest with the cubby for 35$ at a scrap yard. You should check out your junk yards out because you never know might be worth it
xcaliber81 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.