wanting to bedline inside floors - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > wanting to bedline inside floors

Jeep Gear & Install Packages!Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!USA Standard Chromoly Front Axle Shaft Kits with Dana 30 4

Unread 02-07-2013, 07:14 PM   #1
96ZJDave
1996 ZJ 

wanting to bedline inside floors

I plan on using the monstaliner and doing the floors inside my zj. The carpet has gotten wet many times from leaking ac and recently gotten very dirty from some very thick muck. Im in the process of tearing out all my carpet right now. As im doing this im seeing wierd hard tan stuff attached to the floor boards and wires being ran all over the place. What im wondering is what was done about the wires, like did you move them out of the way and put them back after or cover them with something and spray them or what. And also what was done about the wierd hard stuff stuck to the floors. What kind of prep did you all do? Any pictures also would be of great assistance.

On a somewhat related note, i also plan on using monstaliner on the outside of the jeep as well. I was planning on using a harbor freight air powered spray gun for both the floors and outside. A friend of mine used one on the inside of his wrangler and it worked great. Any tips for that as well would be much appreciated. Thank you in advance.

96ZJDave is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-07-2013, 08:04 PM   #2
melk
1996 ZJ 

My interior is gutted. Bare metal. No plastic anything left anywhere.

I have the wiring bundled together covered in a wire loom.

I actually took the time to scrape all the gummy adhesive off. Heat gun makes it easy, otherwise it's pretty miserable if you try to scrape it as is.
melk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-11-2013, 02:08 PM   #3
Montaska
Mountains & Beer

2007 JK Wrangler 

Hey Melk, can you show us a picture of your gutted interior? I'm curious to see what it looks like.
Montaska is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-11-2013, 02:32 PM   #4
95zj-limited
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 96ZJDave View Post
I plan on using the monstaliner and doing the floors inside my zj. The carpet has gotten wet many times from leaking ac and recently gotten very dirty from some very thick muck. Im in the process of tearing out all my carpet right now. As im doing this im seeing wierd hard tan stuff attached to the floor boards and wires being ran all over the place. What im wondering is what was done about the wires, like did you move them out of the way and put them back after or cover them with something and spray them or what. And also what was done about the wierd hard stuff stuck to the floors. What kind of prep did you all do? Any pictures also would be of great assistance.

On a somewhat related note, i also plan on using monstaliner on the outside of the jeep as well. I was planning on using a harbor freight air powered spray gun for both the floors and outside. A friend of mine used one on the inside of his wrangler and it worked great. Any tips for that as well would be much appreciated. Thank you in advance.
My suggestion would be something like Melk. Get all the wires together and into a cable runner so if you ever need to get to them in he future, they aren't under the bedliner.
95zj-limited is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.