Volume Control on the Steering Wheel - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Volume Control on the Steering Wheel

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!Advance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 07-16-2007, 01:37 AM   #1
Troublesome96

Volume Control on the Steering Wheel

I am the owner of a 96 Jeep GCLmt. The Stock cd player on the vechile has been malfunctioning for several weeks. Is there a way I can connect an after market deck and still use the volume controls located on the underside of the steering wheel. Anybody will any info/ideas patrickgerace@mac.com.

Troublesome96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2007, 03:17 AM   #2
Mooman
1998 ZJ 

Use the search feature at the top of the screen. This has been discussed before. Additionally, contact www.Crutchfield.com.
Unread 07-16-2007, 05:15 AM   #3
Arkansas_WJ

PAC audio adapter

2000 WJ Limited - 4.7l, 4x4, pioneer HU w/ ipod interface, upgraded front calipers, yakima lowrider system, uniden cb w/ 4 ft firestick, 3.5" tweeter upgrade
Arkansas_WJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2007, 07:11 AM   #4
adgjqetuo
2004 WJ 

The search feature only works for paid members....

Maybe if someone activated that feature for all members, they wouldn't be getting reposts all the time from new members........

13 Subaru Outback Limited - Current
04 Jeep grand Cherokee Overland - 23k ~ 71k - Sold
98 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo SE - 73k ~ 150k - Sold
adgjqetuo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2007, 08:07 AM   #5
98zjdave
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troublesome96
I am the owner of a 96 Jeep GCLmt. The Stock cd player on the vechile has been malfunctioning for several weeks. Is there a way I can connect an after market deck and still use the volume controls located on the underside of the steering wheel. Anybody will any info/ideas patrickgerace@mac.com.
Working alot with stereos and cd players, its a hit and miss hooking that up. Contacting crutchfeild or your local high end stereo installer will help. Alot of the new jvc's are designed to work with them, while others claim to work but don't. Its not a very fun task to do, but if you really want them....
98zjdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2007, 08:08 AM   #6
98zjdave
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by adgjqetuo

Maybe if someone activated that feature for all members, they wouldn't be getting reposts all the time from new members........

Hell, im not a paid member and search all the time!
Works fine for me!
98zjdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2007, 09:03 AM   #7
WesTexZJ
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by adgjqetuo

$25.00 annually is not much to pay for the use of this site and the extended features. Just pay up.
95 ZJ Ltd. 5.2 V-8, Turbo City dual intake, Full Kolak 3" stainless exhaust, Mopar Performance ECU, 242 transfer case, Super 35 rear axle w/ARB. 3.5" RE Springs, JKS Control arms, JKS disconnects, JKS frt and rear adj. Track bars, Addco frt and rear sway bars. Hanson Front and rear Bumpers w/ tire carrier, JKS Rock rails.
WesTexZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2007, 11:20 AM   #8
adgjqetuo
2004 WJ 

Yeah, i'm not disagreeing with that, I'm just saying it would help prevent people who just register and have a specific question

Unread 07-16-2007, 11:31 AM   #9
98ZJ SFD
2012 KK Liberty 

I had that same question when installing my aftermarket HU, but I didn't think it was worth incurring extra costs. I just use the remote that came with the HU, works well enough for me. While the buttons are nice, I've gotten over them.

Previous
98 ZJ Laredo SE 4.0, 2" Skyjacker BB, JKS Quicker Discos, Goodyear Wrangler MT/Rs, K&N FIPK, Kolak cat & back exhaust, Westin Safari bar, KC lights
98ZJ SFD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2007, 11:57 AM   #10
adgjqetuo
2004 WJ 

I put mine in and didn't think it was that hard to install...the only thing I didn't like was you had to cut the wire under the steering column and wire it into that. I left enough room so i could reverse it if I wanted to.

My only complaint was I had to get the remote one and sometimes it mixes up the buttons...(you hit volume up and it seeks up instead)

I got mine on e-bay though a LOT cheapper...I think I paid $20?

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.