VOLTAGE question - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > VOLTAGE question

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueThanksgiving/Black Friday/Cyber Monday Deals at JeepinOutf

Unread 04-02-2013, 01:26 PM   #1
tylersjeep
1994 ZJ 

VOLTAGE question

I was wondering my 94 grand cherokee voltage is all over the place I started by checking grounds wire and cleaned them up and then took a voltage meter and set it to ohms my ground wire are reading 4 ohms with the car off and 10 ohms with the car running I also tested the grounds with voltage and they read 4-2 volts with the car running, I also with went through the car continuity tester and tested the ground wire and it read continuity on both grounds I checked all the fuses and it was fine I have a open circuit on the ac compressor so pulled the relay. I also replaced the alternator due to the voltage dropping to 12.80 volts in the rain. I would like mention I have a bad ambient temper sensor went to start the car today will it was 40 outside and the temp gauge read 120F outside. my voltage in my car is really odd, the alternator is putting out 13.80 volts and the batter says 13.08 volts and some times my alternator will read 13.30 and the battery will say 12.98 volts. also when I start the car its at 14.00 volts and then when I shut it off and turn it back on I get 13.00 volts what is the deal with this voltage its like 12.80-13.08-13.50-14.00 volts

tylersjeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-02-2013, 07:22 PM   #2
Compgeek789
1994 ZJ 

Typically the volt reading depends on if you have something hooked up. Do you have anything such as a subwoofer? Also, I had a problem with my volts doing that. I think a new PCM did the trick. Also, check for any shorts that could be showing up at certain times, and try to see if there are any patterns when your voltage drops, like it goes down when something turns on.
Compgeek789 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.