Viscous Coupler - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Viscous Coupler

TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGNitro Gear Packages Now Available at Rockridge 4wdNEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 05-22-2002, 08:50 AM   #1
ericdag

Viscous Coupler

I have a 94 Grand Cherokee that has a viscous coupler gone bad. I have searched all around for information regarding this problem and there are a few things I haven't found. I was wondering if anybody here could help me with these?

1. How much does it run to get fixed. I've been quoted anywhere from 800-1200 (highest being the dealer)?
2. Can it be replaced by someone of average skill with regular tools?
3. How much does this part actually cost? I can't find price information anywhere.
4. How long can I drive with this problem? Is it hurting anything else?

I'm new here but I've searched all through the archives and couldnt find much. I have found that this is a common problem and appreciate hearing from people who have dealt with this.

Thanks!
Eric

Unread 05-31-2002, 12:02 PM   #2
Tman

From what I've heard from other ZJ guys it's a $300 part that you can replace yourself but you have to take the tcase apart. How many miles do you have on the rig? I'm just planning to buy a '93 w/85K on it.
Unread 06-02-2002, 11:40 AM   #3
drinky

Mine cost $454 canadian. Labor on top of that was another 400 bucks or so. I got the dealer here to put it in, since it was covered under my extended warranty package. (Very good buy! It's paid for itself already!)

Good Luck!

Drinky
drinky is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.