VIC Vehicle Information Center - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > VIC Vehicle Information Center

Labor Day Sale!FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 09-10-2003, 12:44 PM   #1
techie

VIC Vehicle Information Center

Does anyone konw, on a 98 GC, if the wires for the VIC are already there, even if you don't have one installed there now.

The reason I ask, I have the outline of the jeep with the light up wheels. My charger cable for my cell phone slipped out the phone, and since it was extended. sprung back towards the outlet. Wouldn't you know, it hit the display above it just right and cracked it. I called a dealer and he said they replace those all the time since lights can go out. You can't just by the plastic piece, of course, you have to buy the unit, $95, for a little plasic box with four lights that light. Anyway, when I was reading another post today, perform service message? and wondered if all I had to do would be buy the VIC, [/I]must more costly I'm sure[/I], and plug it in.

I wouldn't be suprised if it was wired up. Most manufactures do things like that. They have everything wired up. They just don't put the 'feature' in unless you pay for it. If anyone has looked in to this before, please let me know.

techie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2003, 01:26 PM   #2
techie

Forget I asked, sorry, I just found out the answer is No, you can't.

Thanks all
techie is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.