Vic issue - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Vic issue

Introducing the Quart Crate...JK Front Axle TrussPoison spyder items @ oconee off road 706 534 9955

Unread 06-03-2013, 06:05 PM   #1
dusterdude
1996 ZJ 

Vic issue

Tore the dash apart to install a new radio and antenna,i disconnectef the battery during this and when i reattached the cables,all the vic does is flash,i cant set the time or date.any ideas??

dusterdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-03-2013, 07:57 PM   #2
kg6mov
Hears the voices

1996 ZJ 

The vic may be dead, they do that. The new radio may also have confused it, the factory radio can set the time on the vic so they do communicate.

They're cheap, not a lot of people like them. You can try swapping a new one in (I think any year, but do a post 96 to be safe) or replace it with the cubby from a 2wd ZJ.

They are more or less independent of the rest of the vehicle, they do show what t case mode you are in, helpful if the case doesn't want to engage. Other things like coolant/washer fluid low and if you left the turn signal on are mostly superfluous.

"Whats wrong with a PT Cruiser?"
"Coulda had a V8!"

96 build thread

Niner build thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas ZJ1 View Post
I heard someone yell "mall crawler" from the back porch. I'll go see who said that. Be right back.
kg6mov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-04-2013, 09:14 PM   #3
dunkeye11
1996 ZJ 

Switch board time!!
dunkeye11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-04-2013, 09:53 PM   #4
AVR2
Web Wheeler
1993 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kg6mov View Post
The vic may be dead, they do that. The new radio may also have confused it, the factory radio can set the time on the vic so they do communicate
The CCD bus communication between the factory radio and the VIC is completely non-essential. If you fit a non-factory radio it doesn't affect the VIC's operation at all, you just have to set the time manually.

Quote:
You can try swapping a new one in (I think any year, but do a post 96 to be safe)
Has to be post-96. The 93-95 VIC uses a 2-plug connector configuration, 96-98 uses one plug.
AVR2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.