Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Vic issue

645 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  AVR2 
#1 ·
Tore the dash apart to install a new radio and antenna,i disconnectef the battery during this and when i reattached the cables,all the vic does is flash,i cant set the time or date.any ideas??

#2 ·
The vic may be dead, they do that. The new radio may also have confused it, the factory radio can set the time on the vic so they do communicate.

They're cheap, not a lot of people like them. You can try swapping a new one in (I think any year, but do a post 96 to be safe) or replace it with the cubby from a 2wd ZJ.

They are more or less independent of the rest of the vehicle, they do show what t case mode you are in, helpful if the case doesn't want to engage. Other things like coolant/washer fluid low and if you left the turn signal on are mostly superfluous.

#4 ·
The vic may be dead, they do that. The new radio may also have confused it, the factory radio can set the time on the vic so they do communicate
The CCD bus communication between the factory radio and the VIC is completely non-essential. If you fit a non-factory radio it doesn't affect the VIC's operation at all, you just have to set the time manually.

You can try swapping a new one in (I think any year, but do a post 96 to be safe)
Has to be post-96. The 93-95 VIC uses a 2-plug connector configuration, 96-98 uses one plug.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.