vibs at 40mph+ - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > vibs at 40mph+

Savvy FREE SHIPPING!Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%Artec Holiday Sale!

Unread 01-05-2007, 08:27 PM   #1
OFFCHAMBERXJ

vibs at 40mph+

well here it goes. i installed my re4.5" short arm. i test drove it and i was getting a vibe on accel that started at 40mph and sounded like a rumbel strip on the side of the highway. so i installed the t-case drop kit to see if it would help, and it didn't. it caused a decel vibe in the rear and i still had the first one. so i took the drop kit off and i am just dealing with the rumbel strip.

if anyone has recomendations it will help i dont want something to come flying off and half of the brand new lift gets ripped off

Unread 01-05-2007, 08:28 PM   #2
rrubio
Web Wheeler
2001 WJ 

Do you have a cv-style driveshaft upfront?Get your tires balanced then an anligment.
rrubio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-05-2007, 08:30 PM   #3
ArloGuthroJeep
Mr. Hyde!

2004 WJ 

Adjustable control arms? Sounds like your pinion is pointed towards the ground.
Unread 01-05-2007, 08:33 PM   #4
OFFCHAMBERXJ

just got it alligned yesterday,no cv drive shaft and it sounds like it is coming from the front, will rear end vibes sound like the front
Unread 01-05-2007, 09:25 PM   #5
JTim

What you're describing sounds a lot like what I'm dealling with. I took mine in for an alignment and i think they adjusted the camber to stock specs which completely screwed things up. Take a look at the front axle. If the pinion is pointed even slightly towards the ground, it's wrong. I'd suggest shortening your LCA's and seeing if that helps.
Unread 01-06-2007, 03:26 PM   #6
BradBurdett

i've taken mine in to get an alignment and the messed with my castor specs putting them back to stock and when i got home i had to set it back to 5 degrees because of my front drive shaft U-joints
RE 6.5in lift with 33X12.5 BFG MT and no Rear Sway bar
4.56 gears--axle swap soon
BradBurdett is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.