vibs at 40mph+ - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > vibs at 40mph+

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon Zip

Unread 01-05-2007, 07:27 PM   #1
OFFCHAMBERXJ

vibs at 40mph+

well here it goes. i installed my re4.5" short arm. i test drove it and i was getting a vibe on accel that started at 40mph and sounded like a rumbel strip on the side of the highway. so i installed the t-case drop kit to see if it would help, and it didn't. it caused a decel vibe in the rear and i still had the first one. so i took the drop kit off and i am just dealing with the rumbel strip.

if anyone has recomendations it will help i dont want something to come flying off and half of the brand new lift gets ripped off

Unread 01-05-2007, 07:28 PM   #2
rrubio
Web Wheeler
2001 WJ 

Do you have a cv-style driveshaft upfront?Get your tires balanced then an anligment.
rrubio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-05-2007, 07:30 PM   #3
ArloGuthroJeep
Mr. Hyde!

2004 WJ 

Adjustable control arms? Sounds like your pinion is pointed towards the ground.
Unread 01-05-2007, 07:33 PM   #4
OFFCHAMBERXJ

just got it alligned yesterday,no cv drive shaft and it sounds like it is coming from the front, will rear end vibes sound like the front
Unread 01-05-2007, 08:25 PM   #5
JTim

What you're describing sounds a lot like what I'm dealling with. I took mine in for an alignment and i think they adjusted the camber to stock specs which completely screwed things up. Take a look at the front axle. If the pinion is pointed even slightly towards the ground, it's wrong. I'd suggest shortening your LCA's and seeing if that helps.
Unread 01-06-2007, 02:26 PM   #6
BradBurdett

i've taken mine in to get an alignment and the messed with my castor specs putting them back to stock and when i got home i had to set it back to 5 degrees because of my front drive shaft U-joints
RE 6.5in lift with 33X12.5 BFG MT and no Rear Sway bar
4.56 gears--axle swap soon
BradBurdett is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.