vibration at highway speeds - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > vibration at highway speeds

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueThanksgiving/Black Friday/Cyber Monday Deals at JeepinOutf

Unread 07-15-2014, 06:47 PM   #1
derekroth91
1998 ZJ 

vibration at highway speeds

Hello I drive a 98 Jeep grand Cherokee limited 5.2 l v8 with a 3 inch rough country lift kit. I can typically hear some sqeaks at typical city speeds but they are scattered. When getting up to 45 it starts to shake and does so more the faster you go. I can feel the shaking in the steering wheel and in the vehicle. Took it to get tires rotated and balanced and I'll test drive tomorrow to see if it helped. But my CV joint (I thinj) is shot and is clicking at slow turns. Would this be the culprit? If not what else could it be?

derekroth91 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-15-2014, 09:15 PM   #2
mig1289
1998 ZJ 

Dui you have adjustable track bars? Have you replaced control arms and tie rod ends?
Unread 07-15-2014, 11:10 PM   #3
derekroth91
1998 ZJ 

I doubt it. I believe tie rod ends and track bar was replaced 1000 miles before I bought it which was 3 weeks ago and it was anever taken off road. So I doubt it has an adjustable track bar. Why do you ask? By that I mean what could/would that have to do with it?
Unread 07-16-2014, 12:35 AM   #4
mig1289
1998 ZJ 

You might want to torque down all the parts in the front end, does not hurt to double check to make sure it's all tight there
Unread 07-16-2014, 05:13 PM   #5
derekroth91
1998 ZJ 

I couldn't find anything that was lose but I find out my e brake is non existent and I need rear brakes and rotors. Could this contribute to the squeak or shake?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.