Vibration after alignment - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Vibration after alignment

End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!2007 - 2011 Jeep JK Long Arm Lift KitsIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 07-11-2011, 04:48 AM   #1
BlueDevil
1995 ZJ 

Vibration after alignment

So I had my front CA bushings replaced (all of them), and I was advised to do the alignment, which I did. It was OK, aside from the steering wheel that was a bit to the driver's side when going straight, so the shop adjusted that. All well, except that I get vibrations on 80 and 120 kmh (at 50 and at 75 MPH), which I know are said to be the speeds where vibrations will be felt by the driver (something about vibrations amplyfiing at those speeds). Whatever. I want it fixed, of course, although it's not some serious vibrations - but I feel them.

So what do I do? Get alignment again? Or try to see if tires are balanced first (though balanced or not, they did not vibrate before alignment & CA bushings)

Unread 07-11-2011, 06:27 AM   #2
tonymartin
1993 YJ Wrangler 

maybe the shop didn't tighten the control arm bolts fully? Could also be that, other bushings are on the way out such as the track bar, sway bar/links, or the tie rod end joints. Always good to get a balance when you get an alignment though, just to be sure!
Unread 07-11-2011, 06:34 AM   #3
speedbucket
1993 ZJ 

check your front pinion angle after the new bushings, sounds like the pinion u joint giving you vibes, slight angle changes can do this on old worn or slightly worn u joints

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.