Vibration??? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Vibration???

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsSteinjager TJ tube doors

Unread 09-20-2007, 08:06 PM   #1
topjoe

Vibration???

Hey guys I turn to you for your help again , So my jeep has been good for me for awhile now with no major problems . I decide to take it on a couple small trails threw alittle bit of mud etc... nothing to serious . When we leave the trail and I head for home I have this vibration were the hole jeep starts to shake . I dont belive its death wobble but something Im overlooking .

It happens when i reach 40km so i guess about 20mph , and stops when I accelerate . but when it comes down to 40 km again it starts and then when i go slower it goes away.

I thought it was my front drive shaft causing that so i took it off , same problem Im thinking its my rear now but I want to be sure ?

P.S all rims are clean and not full of mud .

thanks

1996 Jeep ZJ - ARB BULL BAR, K&N Intake, MSD Ignition Wires,Hippo Lined Interior, IPF 6" lights on the Bullbar, JKS Swaybar Quick Disconnects , 3 1/2 Rubicon Express Super Flex, 2" coil spacers in the front,33" Super Swamper TSL's
topjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-20-2007, 08:48 PM   #2
rxl
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Check all your fluids to be sure you never filled a diff or tc full of water and mud.

Canadian Jeep Club Member #7

99 GC limited
4.7 Quadradrive

97 TJ Sport
4.0 5 speed

99TJ Sahara
4.0 Auto

Sold to a life of blacktop
94 ZJ Limited
I6 Quadratrac
rxl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-20-2007, 09:28 PM   #3
topjoe

I did an oil change and checked my tranny fluid for water . so far so good Ill check the rest tomorrow
1996 Jeep ZJ - ARB BULL BAR, K&N Intake, MSD Ignition Wires,Hippo Lined Interior, IPF 6" lights on the Bullbar, JKS Swaybar Quick Disconnects , 3 1/2 Rubicon Express Super Flex, 2" coil spacers in the front,33" Super Swamper TSL's
topjoe is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.