VC, how bad is it??? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > VC, how bad is it???

Baseline 4x4 Lifetime Warranty 4340 Chromoly Axle Shaft KiClayton Off Road WJ Long Arm Kits!Clayton Off Road - JK Prototype Gas Tank Skid

Unread 04-30-2013, 12:08 PM   #16
Candymancan
1998 ZJ 

and for mine i noticed the whole tailshaft unit the VC goes into sags down an inch or so.. Not sure why it does... Did yours do that Polka ? Anyway i couldnt get my cover on like that so i used 2 wooden popcicle sticks broken of course to make em short and wegde the vc up so the cover would go on and the snap ring go in place..

Candymancan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2013, 01:06 PM   #17
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candymancan View Post
and for mine i noticed the whole tailshaft unit the VC goes into sags down an inch or so.. Not sure why it does... Did yours do that Polka ? Anyway i couldnt get my cover on like that so i used 2 wooden popcicle sticks broken of course to make em short and wegde the vc up so the cover would go on and the snap ring go in place..
Same here. The shaft had some play in it and drooped down a little. I used your popsicle stick method. Worked fine.
PolkaPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2013, 02:28 PM   #18
BuzzZJ9er
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candymancan

What now ?? My 5.9 the rear end spins in rain and snow and super heavy throttles on turns if i give enough gas.. I think the problem you have is your VC is toast and or your just going to quickly in turn on snow...
I know the VC was bad in my old jeep. Maybe that was the cause of the front end pushing in turns( had it happen at 20 mpg the first time).

My personal preference is still the 242 as I like being able to play a little more. I will say the 249s you can really rally in the summer on dirt raids though.

I have mostly driven pickups so when the rear end does come around on accident it's a natural reaction to correct it and keep on cruising.
BuzzZJ9er is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.