Various lift questions. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Various lift questions.

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectBrand New! Quadratec LED Headlights!FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 02-11-2006, 12:10 PM   #1
Derek33
1997 ZJ 

Various lift questions.

Right now i'm running UC coils and kevins 2" spacers, without the stock isolator (loss of about .75 inches)
I was thinking of various methods of gettin my jeep higher, and i was thinking of a f>r but with UC coils i think its too high for stock arms and sway bars and such.

One thought of mine would be to install the stock spring spacers front and rear, and remove the BB and UC coils from the front and replace them with a 3.5" coil.
I would expect that to give me about 3" lift rear and 3.5" in the front, to get my jeep nice and level ( i hate rakes )

I guess what i need is a measurement from a stock jeep going from the center of the hub to the fender lip right above the hub, to get a comparison of how much lift i will get in the rear with my Uc coil, kevins spacer,and stock isolator.

I dont have access to many stock zjs, so if anyone has those measurments i would appreciate it. if it makes a difference this is on a 5.2.

Derek33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2006, 07:01 PM   #2
jmanimal

In case no one replies in the meantime, keep a cheap tape measure in the Jeep and next time you are at Lowe's, the mall, wherever-measure a stocker there.
jmanimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2006, 10:39 PM   #3
Derek33
1997 ZJ 

ill do that.

any other opinions
Derek33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2006, 12:34 AM   #4
Decipticon

According to the FAQ,

" UC = Up Country

V8 UC Front Springs when moved to the rear: ~4" of lift
V8 Normal Front Springs when moved to the rear 3"~3.5" of lift"

I've read that stock control arms are good to around 3.5". If I were you I would use the regular springs. Put it all together, and if its uneven, measure it front and rear, and get the appropriate size spacer for the rear. You could even sell the 2" spacers and UC springs to pay for some the lift (or new control arms).

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.