valve springs - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > valve springs

Trick Tabs - NalinMFG.comWarn, Smitybilt, Engo, Rugged Ridge Winches at CCORClayton Off Road XJ Long Arm Suspension Systems!

Unread 03-19-2003, 01:57 PM   #1
windy

valve springs

I have a '95 GC with the 4.0 6cyl that losses power and misses at highway speeds under load. I was told, after checking every other possibility with no improvement, that weak valve springs could be the cause. Does anyone have any experience with that?

Thanks,
Shawn

windy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2003, 10:37 PM   #2
Stocker

Not with a 4.0L, but several years ago my wife's '68 Camaro had similar symptoms with a 327 engine. It had a flat cam, not uncommon in those engines. No idea if that could be your problem, but might be worth considering if you don't find something else. Good luck!

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.