Valve Cover/ Coil Rail Electrical Connection - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Valve Cover/ Coil Rail Electrical Connection

Rubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955XHD Heavy-Duty Hood Latches for JK and TJ available at Oco

Unread 07-16-2009, 11:29 AM   #1
04WJGuy
2004 WJ 

Valve Cover/ Coil Rail Electrical Connection

Another dreaded 4.0L valve cover question.
How in the hell do you get the connector for the coil rail off the back of the valve cover without busting it.
I've tried sliding the clip, pushing everywhere to undo it as per the manual but I can barely even get my hand back there so have no idea if I'm even close to getting it to come apart.
Any ideas before I end up destroying the bloody thing?

Canadian Jeeps Member #35

Black Jeep Society Member #325

The Galloping Green Llamas Member #37
04WJGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2009, 11:52 AM   #2
georged
2004 WJ 

Had the same problem, so I paid a shop $40 to change the plugs I supplied
georged is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2009, 12:05 PM   #3
ezflip
Theme Park Dinosaur Head

2002 WJ 

Unbolt the rail and pop it off of the plugs first. Then you will have more room to play with. Just don't try to pull it out too far as it looked like the PO of my Jeep did and shattered the connector . The jacka$$ then HOT GLUED the connector back to the rail . It was a shotty job at best and I am surprised it wasn't throwing any codes. I'll take some pics of it tonight and post them. I just replaced the rail when I was doing the plugs and noticed this glue job.

2002 Overland - 4.7 HO, "Select-Drive", 4" RC long arms, TAG front winch bumper, 32" BFG KM's, Kolak 3" exhaust, Flowmaster 50 series

Build Thread

KCCO
ezflip is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-20-2009, 04:16 PM   #4
04WJGuy
2004 WJ 

Had to leave it hooked up to change the plugs but would like to get it disconnected when I change the valve cover gasket. Was even thinking of just relocating it to the firewall if I can ever get it off.
Canadian Jeeps Member #35

Black Jeep Society Member #325

The Galloping Green Llamas Member #37
04WJGuy is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.