Valve cover bolt placement? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Valve cover bolt placement?

JK specific skid plates from Clayton Off Road Mfg.RCV Heavy Duty Axle Shafts Now Shipping at Baseline4x4.comStainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 05-23-2012, 06:11 PM   #1
Bmason31
1996 ZJ 

Valve cover bolt placement?

Hey guys, in the middle of putting the beast back together after a head gasket job, and huduh! I forgot to document the bolt placement on the valve covers; some are regular bolts and some are extended for other things to attach to them, and I've no idea which should be where. Anybody got a bead on that? I couldn't find any images or diagrams on the net or in the service manual. It's a 1996 5.2l 4wd.

Bmason31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-23-2012, 06:26 PM   #2
ratmonkey
R.I.P.

1997 ZJ 

The studs are for the plug wire clips.
The fsm shows where they go, sort of.
I ditched them for stainless, and then t-handle bolts a while ago.

ratmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-23-2012, 07:01 PM   #3
Bmason31
1996 ZJ 

Studs see for the wire clips?
Unread 05-24-2012, 05:07 AM   #4
ilive4cars0122
1998 ZJ 

If needed I can take a look at my 5.9 later and let u know.
ilive4cars0122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2012, 11:59 AM   #5
Bmason31
1996 ZJ 

That'd be great, ilive. I'd really appreciate it. Are they the same valve covers?
Unread 05-24-2012, 05:31 PM   #6
ilive4cars0122
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmason31 View Post
That'd be great, ilive. I'd really appreciate it. Are they the same valve covers?
Pretty sure there shouldn't be a difference. This is how mine are. The passenger side outside (facing fender) front to back goes stud,bolt,stud,bolt,stud. The passenger side inside (facing the throttle body) front to back goes stud, stud, bolt, stud, stud. The drivers side outside front to back goes bolt, stud, stud, bolt, stud. The drivers side inside front to back goes bolt, stud, bolt, stud, stud.
ilive4cars0122 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bolt pattern , bolts , diagram , valve cover

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.