Valve body mix up - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Valve body mix up

End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!2007 - 2011 Jeep JK Long Arm Lift KitsIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 07-12-2009, 09:56 AM   #1
zjsmash

Valve body mix up

I ordered a Replacement valve body for my 98 44RE and the valve body i recieved does not appear to be the same style and possible for a newer year. My 44re has a gold governor pressure sensor and the one i recieved has a black sensor which is also a different style. Is it possible that this valve body could work on my older transmission? Wat would be the differences or problems with using this valve body?

zjsmash is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-12-2009, 10:34 AM   #2
ratmonkey
R.I.P.

1997 ZJ 

i wouldn't be concentrating on the sensor color to determine if it's correct.

there is also an updated style of solenoid block for the tcc and od noids.

if the separator plates match then use it.

ratmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-12-2009, 11:05 AM   #3
zjsmash

is the operation of both valve body the same? If they do happen to have the same plates then would the od sensors and everything else be compatible with my transmission
zjsmash is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.