Vacuum Lines Cruise Control - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Vacuum Lines Cruise Control

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 04-13-2013, 07:49 PM   #16
Uniblurb
Web Wheeler

1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3hundredkplus View Post
Rhe problem is the small vac line coming off the t is disconnected and I can't see where the other end is. Also I have a losse electrical connection. It is a two prong plug that comes out neer the far passenger side and goes over the coolant reservioir. I can't see a mate. I would upload pics but I can't seem to do so from mobile Anyone offer solutions.
Not sure about the 5.2 but on the 4.0 the small black plastic line to that T goes through the firewall by one of the aluminum AC evaporator tubes as ZeeJay already mentioned. You may have to fish around a little in the foam around the tubes and hopefully it didn't fall all the way in. That line is the feed for the vacuum switch which controls where the air flows from the ducts.

Do you have an under-hood light for the engine compartment? If not that might be the plug to it and look at the below photo of the plug along with my 5th post.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f13/a...-goes-1504582/

-Stalling ZJ? 12 things to check before replacing a sensor; the Dirty Dozen
-Crankshaft position sensor multimeter test. & video of testing.
Uniblurb is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2013, 09:19 AM   #17
coralman
green backs to no backs

1998 ZJ 

Plug may be for the coolant level sensor.

Links to axle rebuilds, mount replace,a/c box rebuild,ect in history section of my profile page
coralman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2013, 02:03 PM   #18
StPaul59
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Rhe problem is the small vac line coming off the t is disconnected and I can't see where the other end is. Also I have a losse electrical connection. It is a two prong plug that comes out neer the far passenger side and goes over the coolant reservioir. I can't see a mate. I would upload pics but I can't seem to do so from mobile Anyone offer solutions.
A picture would be a big help here. I cant figure out what exactly you are describing .
StPaul59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2013, 03:04 PM   #19
Uniblurb
Web Wheeler

1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by coralman View Post
Plug may be for the coolant level sensor.
Good point coralman and w/a limited you probably have a coolant level sensor. We just had a discussion about this and if you have a Limited/VIC there's most likely a windshield washer fluid level sensor. Since mine's a Laredo w/o VIC (lucky me, lol) there's no float/sensor in the windshield washer fluid reservoir or the coolant reservoir. Wouldn't doubt I may have a small 2-prong plug laying around the coolant reservoir with nothing it connects to since there's no sensor.

Unread 04-14-2013, 03:53 PM   #20
coralman
green backs to no backs

1998 ZJ 

You probaly do Uni, I did. And as insane as it sounds, wired in a working VIC.

Links to axle rebuilds, mount replace,a/c box rebuild,ect in history section of my profile page
Unread 04-14-2013, 09:42 PM   #21
3hundredkplus
1996 ZJ 

So the vacuum line is fixed and all is well with the blower motor control. And the loose connection was originally for a coolant level sensor, but the coolant system was upgraded years ago (before i got the car) and the connection is now just a dinosaur. I capped it off. Thanks for all the help.
3hundredkplus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2013, 01:06 AM   #22
Uniblurb
Web Wheeler

1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by coralman View Post
You probaly do Uni, I did. And as insane as it sounds, wired in a working VIC.
Well, I wouldn't mind having a VIC if I knew how to fix it if it started acting up. Sounds like you do coralman if you were able to wire one in yourself.

Quote:
So the vacuum line is fixed and all is well with the blower motor control. And the loose connection was originally for a coolant level sensor, but the coolant system was upgraded years ago (before i got the car) and the connection is now just a dinosaur. I capped it off. Thanks for all the help.
Glad your problems are figured out/solved. Sometimes I'll run across a rogue connector which must have been for an option I don't have and as long as things are working fine I tend to ignore it. But not a bad idea to figure out what it's for.

Unread 08-06-2013, 05:08 AM   #23
tincho
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Hi guys I'v got a similar problem with my 2004 4.0 TJ, on the left side there is a vacuum line that is loose, it is supposed to go to a small box on the left side (will post a picture later) but think the last owner just closed both ends, now cruise-control isn't working, you think this might be the problem? A/C works fine.
tincho is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-07-2013, 03:16 PM   #24
freetrapper
1995 ZJ 

This is my first Jeep (95 Grand Cherokee Orvis edition, 5.2 V8) and it has a few projects ahead for me. However this thread discused both vacum and empty electric connections so I thought Id ask...........

There is a large black hose coming directly off of the passenger side of the manifold that is plugged. Im sure it needs to go someplace and I have a number of issues it might effect.

Also there is a large plug coming out of the wire harnes along the firewall on the passenger side as well.

Tried to show both in the attached photos. Any thoughts on where these need to go?

Thanks
vachose.jpg

plug.jpg

freetrapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-07-2013, 05:07 PM   #25
coralman
green backs to no backs

1998 ZJ 

Revisted this thread, as I often do others when I just can't stand to watch one more wonder drug commercial on TV. I suppose it will eventually get to the point one pill will do it all, low chloesterol, lower blood pressure, toe nail cure, keep your junk up, depression supplements to your depression meds, depression meds, and the damn commercial will be 4 hours long. Geesh. Anyways, I'm thinking of modifying a brake line or some metal tube to take the place of the vac line through the firewall. In the next few weeks the climate control housing is coming out anyway to be reworked.Maybe a sleeve of some sorts. Of course I may just say say to heck with it cause the side effects list is too long.

Unread 11-07-2013, 05:51 PM   #26
ZeeJay1997
1997 ZJ 

the elbow is broken off the PCV on the valve cover . i think the hose would go there.

Coralman, can you imagine how fast the "fast talking disclaimer guy" would need to talk at the end of the commercial?

Here's to you mr. fact talking disclaimer guy.
ZeeJay1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-08-2013, 02:59 AM   #27
coralman
green backs to no backs

1998 ZJ 

I just cant believe they think people watch that long of a commercial.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.