Vacuum line on valve cover??need help - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Vacuum line on valve cover??need help

Save at JeepHut on Smittybilt Soft topsECGS Labor Day Sale!!New DEAL OF THE WEEK at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!

Unread 09-12-2013, 05:14 AM   #1
Speedymcracer01

Vacuum line on valve cover??need help

What is the name of the vacuum line elbow connecter on top of the valve cover? I was removing my valve cover and it was a real tight fit. When i pulled the valve cover it broke the vacuum elbow I've been looking on oreilly's web site but i haven't seen anything that resembles it on there site

Speedymcracer01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-12-2013, 05:26 AM   #2
ZeeJay1997
1997 ZJ 

Back 53030495
Front 53030497

This is for a 4.0
ZeeJay1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-12-2013, 05:53 AM   #3
Speedymcracer01

Im guessing those are the part numbers?
Unread 09-12-2013, 07:26 AM   #4
JeepNicholson
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedymcracer01 View Post
Im guessing those are the part numbers?
Yep. It's called a ccv elbow
JeepNicholson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-12-2013, 07:43 AM   #5
Speedymcracer01

Yep i got it takes you straight to the pcv valve thanks man. you don't happen to have the numbers for the oil pan gasket. I've looked all over the freaking site found one for ever size motor but the 4.0. Its starting to irritate me why give your vehicle info in if its not going to give me the gasket for my oil pan
Unread 09-12-2013, 08:43 AM   #6
Uniblurb
Web Wheeler

1996 ZJ 

No PCV valve on the 4.0 since it's internal in the intake. But there is a PCV on the valve cover of the V8's since they have a different crankcase ventilation system.

Reason for listing your Jeep info in your profile, including model/year/engine size, is for us to help you. Typically part numbers are found from the vendor where you're buying them from even if it's from the dealer. On the pan gasket it's best to use either Mopar or Felpro.

But O'Reilly's online isn't very good about giving you exact info even if you have your correct year/model selected. As can be seen below this Felpro Pan gasket is #OS34308R but your 4.0 engine isn't listed where it must be under "more" applications.

http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/de...pan+gasket+set

But this is the correct pan gasket as can be seen below from Advance where it lists it as an exact fit. This is for a 96 4.0 ZJ and since didn't know the exact year couldn't enter it.

http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/web...pan+gasket+set

If you're going with Mopar the pan gasket OE# is 5300 7568 which is from the 94-96 ZJ parts list.

-Stalling ZJ? 12 things to check before replacing a sensor; the Dirty Dozen
-Crankshaft position sensor multimeter test. & video of testing.
Uniblurb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-12-2013, 06:37 PM   #7
coralman
green backs to no backs

1998 ZJ 

Oreilly used to have the elbows in the"help"/ dorman isle.

Links to axle rebuilds, mount replace,a/c box rebuild,ect in history section of my profile page
coralman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-12-2013, 11:20 PM   #8
Speedymcracer01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uniblurb View Post
No PCV valve on the 4.0 since it's internal in the intake. But there is a PCV on the valve cover of the V8's since they have a different crankcase ventilation system.

Reason for listing your Jeep info in your profile, including model/year/engine size, is for us to help you. Typically part numbers are found from the vendor where you're buying them from even if it's from the dealer. On the pan gasket it's best to use either Mopar or Felpro.

But O'Reilly's online isn't very good about giving you exact info even if you have your correct year/model selected. As can be seen below this Felpro Pan gasket is #OS34308R but your 4.0 engine isn't listed where it must be under "more" applications.

http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/de...pan+gasket+set

But this is the correct pan gasket as can be seen below from Advance where it lists it as an exact fit. This is for a 96 4.0 ZJ and since didn't know the exact year couldn't enter it.

http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/web...pan+gasket+set

If you're going with Mopar the pan gasket OE# is 5300 7568 which is from the 94-96 ZJ parts list.
I wish it would let me fill out my profile file i started a thread asking for help on that issue but have no replys on it i get on here using a droid X2 I've tried everything trying to get it to let me fill out my profile. But i have the 98 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4wd inline 6 4.0L it does have the pcv elbows on my valve cover front goes to the intake and the rear goes to the intake manifold i already found the pcv elbows they are $4.99. Now I'm looking for my oil pan gasket it goes over every engine size but the 4.0. It even showed one for a 4.1L. Today was the first day i have ever had this problem with oreillys web site. It's always took me to what i need with out a problem there site was crashing so i think they where just having issues with the site today. I do not use advance parts there customer service is not good here and they do not honor there lifetime warranties where i am. Last time i went i had to look my own parts up because the person working couldn't seem to find them"it was ridiculous"
Unread 09-12-2013, 11:25 PM   #9
Speedymcracer01

They might not be pcv on the 4.0 but that's what they show up as on the parts store web site thats why i said pcv. sorry for the confusion. The pcv elbows are a exact match for mine
Unread 09-13-2013, 12:39 AM   #10
eagsc7
1994 ZJ 

Quote:

I wish it would let me fill out my profile. i started a thread asking for help on that issue but have no replies on it.
Well, first off, I'd figure out how to punctuate with your phone. The period it's usually to the right of the spacebar.

Via the app, you can't edit profile info(Yet hopefully), but if you goto the website via Firefox(desktop or phone), you can edit it easily there.
Unread 09-13-2013, 01:05 AM   #11
Speedymcracer01

Quote:
Originally Posted by eagsc7 View Post
Well, first off, I'd figure out how to punctuate with your phone. The period it's usually to the right of the spacebar.

Via the app, you can't edit profile info(Yet hopefully), but if you goto the website via Firefox(desktop or phone), you can edit it easily there.
Oh im so sorry NOT if you don't like the way i txt on my phone then go to another thread where people care how people write. I have alot more to worry about then punctuations it doesn't matter how people type/txt or how ever you post on the forum. Long as you get the point across,and get the info you need or give the info someone else needs. I would have appreciated your information on my profile issues if you could have actually just stated your knowledge on the issue with out the smart comment's that was not necessary or relevant to the issues on this thread.....
Unread 09-13-2013, 01:22 AM   #12
eagsc7
1994 ZJ 

Quote:

Oh im so sorry NOT if you don't like the way i txt on my phone then go to another thread where people care how people write. I have alot more to worry about then punctuations it doesn't matter how people type/txt or how ever you post on the forum. Long as you get the point across,and get the info you need or give the info someone else needs. I would have appreciated your information on my profile issues if you could have actually just stated your knowledge on the issue with out the smart comment's that was not necessary or relevant to the issues on this thread.....
It took me as few minutes to figure out what you were asking about. Thus my comment about punctuation. So, I do feel that it was on topic. I am also frustrated the downfall that apps do have.
Unread 09-13-2013, 02:07 AM   #13
Speedymcracer01

Well i will agree this thread did become off topic from the original topic making it a bit confusing on the one post i sent not long ago.After i started the thread the first response i got took me straight to the vaccum elbows i was looking for. After i found them i started looking for the oil pan gasket....... I woke up the day before yesterday at 2:00 P.M.. I got to work at 3:00P.M.. I got off at 11:00 P.M shortly after that my wife calls saying her transmission was not shifting out,it was smoking from under the hood along with it trying to die, and the battery light came on. That's her only way to get to work. We live 40 miles away from each other right now "so we can save for a house" but anyways after i cleaned my Jeep out so i could fit all my tools in the back seat i drove the forty miles to her car,and i worked on it from the time i got there this morning until this after noon. I was a hour late for work today because i had to make sure she had a way to work tonight. I just got off a few hours ago. I stack 80,000 lbs of boxes full of frozen chicken every night, most of the time its more than that plus everything else we have to do. So you can imagine how tired i am. Thats why you barley see any punctuations in my post tonight. See when i woke up at 2:00P.M I was waking up from the same events that just happened. It just happened to be my jeep. I had to stay up and work on it so i could make it to work. So thats about 12 hours sleep in 5 days because of vehicle problems that i have no choice but to fix or we don't work..
Unread 09-13-2013, 05:57 AM   #14
Uniblurb
Web Wheeler

1996 ZJ 

Quote:
I wish it would let me fill out my profile file i started a thread asking for help on that issue but have no replys on it i get on here using a droid X2 I've tried everything trying to get it to let me fill out my profile. But i have the 98 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4wd inline 6 4.0L it does have the pcv elbows on my valve cover front goes to the intake and the rear goes to the intake manifold i already found the pcv elbows they are $4.99. Now I'm looking for my oil pan gasket it goes over every engine size but the 4.0. It even showed one for a 4.1L. Today was the first day i have ever had this problem with oreillys web site. It's always took me to what i need with out a problem there site was crashing so i think they where just having issues with the site today. I do not use advance parts there customer service is not good here and they do not honor there lifetime warranties where i am. Last time i went i had to look my own parts up because the person working couldn't seem to find them"it was ridiculous"
I've heard of others having some problems in not being able to update their profile with the phone app and sounds like something they should fix. If you do happen to run into a friend/relative with a laptop or PC you may want to try to update it.

You have to shop where you have to shop and customer service is everything. I avoid the local NAPA here because of some problems in taking things back and one just plain nasty counter rep in general.

Calling the CCV and front elbow to the air box PCV's is probably just a technically glitch on O'reilly's part. As long as they cross reference they'll most like work but be sure and get the grommets if you're going to change them out because that's most likely where they're leaking.

How bad is your oil pan gasket leaking on your 98 4.0? Do you also have oil coming out of the front of the trans bell housing? The reason I ask is the pan gasket is pretty much a pain to install where you'll need to disconnect the top of the shocks, maybe the sway bar links, and the axle end lower track bar bolt to drop the whole axle down some unless you have a high lift installed on it.

Here's a rather long thread on where I got the oil pan stuck and would think my 96 4.0 would be the same as your 98 4.0. Finally dropping the axle down was the trick in removing the track bar bolt. Also shows you how to install the top/bottom rear bearing seals with part numbers and video.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f13/o...stuck-1363383/

Sound like you have a full plate and your priority has changed to get the trans fixed for your wife to drive. Hopefully it just blew a line causing low fluid to make it not shift correctly and it's an easy fix. Good luck.

-Stalling ZJ? 12 things to check before replacing a sensor; the Dirty Dozen
-Crankshaft position sensor multimeter test. & video of testing.
Uniblurb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-13-2013, 06:32 AM   #15
Speedymcracer01

My 98 doesn't leak any fluids. My oil pressure is a little low. After i got the important things fixed like my front suspention I was going to drop my oil pan and check the oil pick up to see if it might be getting clogged with trash,or i might just go ahead and replace the pick up...and for my wifes car i went to look at it. The battery light came on because the belt slipped off the pulleys. The belt broke the oil dip stick causing it to spray oil threw out the engine compartment. Which explains the smoking. I went and got a transmission filter kit and serviced the transmission and replaced the filter. When i got done i dropped it and started it put it in gear it wouldn't move tried reverse, drive,second,and first gear it still wouldn't move. Well i put my foot firm on the brake and feathered the throttle it took it a minute of reving up before it decided to slowly start to pull. I got it to the road then floored it. It would rev up and at a certain rpm the transmission would catch and it would take off. I didn't let off for a sec i had it at full throttle it shifted a little rough like the tranny would wind up then engage with a kick. I got to third gear then it wouldn't shift out. I trying playing with the gas hoping that might get it to shift out but it never did it would red line at 80 mph but it never shifted out of third. So looks like the tranny needs a rebuild i been trying to do a little research on those models hoping it could be a shift solenoid or something that could be causing it but looks like majority of those cars have transmission problems. They over heat and burn the fluid with in no time. Majority of those transmissions don't last past 60k miles. When i drained the fluid it looked like oil it was so burnt so i bet its screwed. My wife thinks vehicles run on magic and gas they don't need mantience or anything lol

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.