Vacuum Leak - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Vacuum Leak

Trick Tabs - NalinMFG.comECGS American Made Stub ShaftsDisc Brake Kits from ECGS

Unread 08-15-2009, 09:06 PM   #16
Jones
Consider the following...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tclaremont View Post
When you find them, pick up a bunch of them. If that cap is shot, you can bet others of the same vintage are not far behind.
Good idea, I'll grab a handful of them. They probably don't cost much.

It almost looks like this one was cut a bunch of times with a knife until it made a hole. Probably not the case though.

Unread 08-15-2009, 09:10 PM   #17
daufuskieraised
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZJones View Post
Good idea, I'll grab a handful of them. They probably don't cost much.

It almost looks like this one was cut a bunch of times with a knife until it made a hole. Probably not the case though.
You didn't take it to Jiffy Lube did you?
Magnet antenna
daufuskieraised is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2009, 09:12 PM   #18
Jones

Quote:
Originally Posted by daufuskieraised View Post
You didn't take it to Jiffy Lube did you?
No never!
Unread 08-16-2009, 01:10 PM   #19
Jones

Problem solved, thanks guys.
Unread 08-16-2009, 05:07 PM   #20
newfieZJ
1995 ZJ 

Is that a 360 under all that dirt ? For goodness sake man , get that machine to a pressure washer

Simple fix is a pc of vacum hose , plugged off with a bolt . Properly , these little end tabs can be found at most any auto parts store , as I'm sure , Brian found out by now .

That must have been very hard on fuel Brian , considering it looks like it's been like that for a while ?
newfieZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-16-2009, 06:10 PM   #21
Jones

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfieZJ View Post
Is that a 360 under all that dirt ? For goodness sake man , get that machine to a pressure washer

Simple fix is a pc of vacum hose , plugged off with a bolt . Properly , these little end tabs can be found at most any auto parts store , as I'm sure , Brian found out by now .

That must have been very hard on fuel Brian , considering it looks like it's been like that for a while ?
That's Moab dirt, it stays forever.

Yep it was a very easy fix, brought the old plug into autozone and bought a little pack of them that were the same size. Took 1 minute to put the new one back on.

We'll see if I notice any change in gas mileage. That and the bad O2 censor couldn't have been helping at all.
Unread 08-16-2009, 06:30 PM   #22
newfieZJ
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZJones View Post
That's Moab dirt, it stays forever.

Yep it was a very easy fix, brought the old plug into autozone and bought a little pack of them that were the same size. Took 1 minute to put the new one back on.

We'll see if I notice any change in gas mileage. That and the bad O2 censor couldn't have been helping at all.
If I ever make to the Moab , I won't wash if off either

My last 1000K trip I got 14 mpg , that was 80% hwy at 80mph and the rest touring in the mountains . Considering my heavy foot , thats not bad . I'm sure I could have drove 60 and got close to 18-20 average for the trip , but wheres the fun in that . My ZJ loves the hwy
newfieZJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.