Vacum Leak Help - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Vacum Leak Help

TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGNitro Gear Packages Now Available at Rockridge 4wdNEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 03-21-2013, 04:29 PM   #1
CTkid

Vacum Leak Help

I figured out I have a vacum leak when my Face heat wouldnt work. Hunted the leak down and it is on the passenger side, going into the side wall. It looks like its where the aluminum turns into the rubber. are there gaskets inbetween there that need to be replaced? I dont know how to upload pictures otherwise I would. Its a 93 4.0 btw any help would be great

Unread 03-22-2013, 01:14 PM   #2
CTkid

bump
Unread 03-22-2013, 02:33 PM   #3
kvantate
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTkid View Post
I figured out I have a vacum leak when my Face heat wouldnt work. Hunted the leak down and it is on the passenger side, going into the side wall. It looks like its where the aluminum turns into the rubber. are there gaskets inbetween there that need to be replaced? I dont know how to upload pictures otherwise I would. Its a 93 4.0 btw any help would be great
I know on my 97 4.0 the vacuum line broke right at the hole going through the firewall. Freakin sweet spot for it to break... As far as I know there are no gaskets in the vacuum system, but you could try slapping a little hose clamp on there.
kvantate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-23-2013, 10:51 PM   #4
AVR2
Web Wheeler
1993 ZJ 

Just cut the line at the leak and use a slightly wider diameter piece of hose to bridge the gap.
AVR2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.