V8 5.2l jeep engine unstable rpm - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > V8 5.2l jeep engine unstable rpm

Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%Santa Kolak Announces: Kolak Exhaust 20% Off Sale!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO

Unread 06-16-2014, 07:31 PM   #1
gloveless
1995 ZJ 

V8 5.2l jeep engine unstable rpm

Hello everyone,
My grand cherokee with 225k miles on it.
Has a new water pump new iac cleaned throttle body
And a new thermostat it was getting a bit hot.
I also have a new 2 row all aluminum tig welded radiator
Ready to go in it. Every now and then my car will have unstable rpms you could floor the gas and it would not move or respond.
Instead the rpms will go up and down and the car may shut off.
This stupid shop for 200 cleaned my throttle body and did not replace the iac so I did. They said that was the problem they also said it threw a map error I was told maybe a vacuum leak.
Anyone have any ideas for me?

gloveless is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-16-2014, 08:50 PM   #2
Alexandru999
1997 ZJ 

Yea i had similar problems long time agoooo, it can be a faulty oxygen sensor or TPS, i replaced all of those since one time it was my tps, after a few months o2 and so on. Its not hard and expensive u might wanna do those, i know a guy hes a mechanic and owns a zj too, he said 50k is a limit for those sensors on zj's, they just go bad and give u headaches , id start there if there is no specific sound/knock/grind/ etc ... one thing my zj taught me is that if there is no "sound" its a sensor hahaha
Alexandru999 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-17-2014, 12:24 PM   #3
gloveless
1995 ZJ 

I'll give that a try does anyone know were those are at? As well as how I should go about changing those things?
gloveless is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.