using 93-95 fog light brackets on a 98? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > using 93-95 fog light brackets on a 98?

Huge Soft top SaleSYE Kits from CCOR! 706-207-4140SALE PRICING, Specials, Huge Savings Alloy USA and Posi-Lo

Unread 12-25-2011, 06:33 PM   #1
nicklopic
1998 ZJ 

using 93-95 fog light brackets on a 98?

I got some Hella 500ffs Christmas and I've been planning on mounting them on my bumper for quite some time. I can't though, for the life of me, find whether or not i can use the fog light brackets from the old style zjs on my 98.

it seems there are holes pre-drilled on the crossmember that seem like they'd line up for the brackets. I know the top part of the brackets probably wont work.

If someone could let me know, i'd really appreciate it. (worse comes to worse I'll fab some bracket up)

P.S Merry Christmas and happy holidays to everyone

Unread 12-25-2011, 06:55 PM   #2
Myusername1674
Web Wheeler

1995 ZJ 

im sure it will work fine, i attached mine by just going to ace hardware and buying some brackets with some bolts to fit, only cost like 8 bucks.

I had originally put new fogs on the old factory brackets but i wanted to move them, so thats why i bought new brackets.
Myusername1674 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-25-2011, 08:44 PM   #3
nicklopic
1998 ZJ 

i feel like im gonna end up needing to do something like what you did

anyone else have an answer please?
Unread 12-26-2011, 07:25 AM   #4
ratmonkey
R.I.P.

1997 ZJ 

Won't work without cutting up the header panel and grille

ratmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-26-2011, 08:40 AM   #5
HighLonesome
Belief In All Things Jeep

1995 ZJ 

The stock brackets suck, go ahead and fab something up.
HighLonesome is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-26-2011, 01:27 PM   #6
KoreaZJ
1994 ZJ 

When my stock fogs finally fell apart, I modded the stock brackets for Hella 550's. Flipped the brackets upside down, cut the outer ends off, drilled holes to mount the lamps, slight bend, notched the bumper cover slots slightly wider and longer.
KoreaZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-28-2011, 11:55 AM   #7
ExpeditionXJ

Hmm, i was planning exactly this as well. 93 brackets on my 98 with the Hella's in garage.

Rat, i'm assuming the issue is the lowered grill on the 96+ that makes this not work? I hadnt realized that till now.. couldnt the brackets just be lowered a tad to clear the grill assembly?
ExpeditionXJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-28-2011, 12:37 PM   #8
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Just go down to Lowes and get some big L brackets and bolt them on the the under bumper then make some cuts on the plastic bumper so they fit.
PolkaPower is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-28-2011, 04:26 PM   #9
nicklopic
1998 ZJ 

i just made brackets today.
I bought some flat steel from ace and some self tapping bolts, cost me $9. Brackets seem pretty solid and the holes already in the bumper worked fine with 1/4 bolts (might get some thicker bolt though)

They're not great, but considering the tools I had to use, they turned out awesome. I think I might do like a write-up for it once I'm 100% done because I couldn't find anything like that at all.
Unread 12-28-2011, 04:28 PM   #10
nicklopic
1998 ZJ 

Here's what they look like

Tags
brackets , driving lights , fog light , usage , zj

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.