upgrade central computer, like this one? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > upgrade central computer, like this one?

Trick Tabs - NalinMFG.comWarn, Smitybilt, Engo, Rugged Ridge Winches at CCORClayton Off Road XJ Long Arm Suspension Systems!

Unread 06-03-2004, 01:58 PM   #1
Zeitgeist
1997 ZJ 

upgrade central computer, like this one?

Hi.

I was looking at http://www.sounddomain.com/memberpage/525180 and the center console screen says things such as when to service, door ajar, etc... mine does not say any of that 'cept it shows when i'm in four wheel drive...

Is there a way I can upgrade my '97 ZJ to something similar?

Zeitgeist is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-04-2004, 08:11 AM   #2
PlatinumZJ
Senior Moment Member

1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeitgeist
Hi.

I was looking at http://www.sounddomain.com/memberpage/525180 and the center console screen says things such as when to service, door ajar, etc... mine does not say any of that 'cept it shows when i'm in four wheel drive...

Is there a way I can upgrade my '97 ZJ to something similar?
It sounds like you have a Larado (?) The Limited ZJ has that console stuff in it. The simplest way would be to trade your Larado for a limited , Otherwise, find a wrecked limited ZJ and scavange the Console, wiring, relays, and sensors... and put them in your ZJ. I suspect that this will be really hard to do the second way. Good Luck.
Links: Kevin (AKA KOR) for ZJ & WJ stuff,
Kolak for performance stuff. I6 performance info at Dino's jeep 4.0 performance site
Other stuff: Kevin's Roof Rack. KOR sliders, Bored 62mm TB, Blaupunkt Bermuda w/ ipod, Brembo Slotted rotors,
OME steering stabilizer, H4 headlight upgrade...
PlatinumZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-04-2004, 08:20 AM   #3
acitydweller

Quote:
Originally Posted by SecondZJ
It sounds like you have a Larado (?) The Limited ZJ has that console stuff in it. The simplest way would be to trade your Larado for a limited , Otherwise, find a wrecked limited ZJ and scavange the Console, wiring, relays, and sensors... and put them in your ZJ. I suspect that this will be really hard to do the second way. Good Luck.

hard is an understatement... its nearly impossible.

its work and i dont think i love my jeep that much to put up with the aggrevation of getting a center console tell me that my door is ajar ;P
acitydweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-04-2004, 10:59 AM   #4
AZFlyingDiver

hmmm... my 96 ZJ Laredo actually has the console computer - no problems... sounds like yours is malfunctioning... getting back there (behind to make sure you're still wired up) to check it out is a PITA...
AZFlyingDiver is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.