update to my power draw question , thought it was my power steering - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > update to my power draw question , thought it was my power steering

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon Zip

Unread 02-02-2012, 10:04 AM   #1
justinspotanske
1993 ZJ 

update to my power draw question , thought it was my power steering

So i had a thread on a power draw that I have and thought it was my power steering. It would do it a lot when I was turning . Mainly in reverse . I replaced my belt , and played with the ps pump and found no idication of any trouble . . Spins freely and looks good . After that I thought in stead of immediately turning while in reverse , I would move a little first to elimenate the pump . Sure enough it did it while just going straight in reverse .Only does it after shifting into gear and immedatly after. The amps would drop to around 10 and has actual died on me once . any ideas what to check or replace . fyi , Once in a great while it will do it while going forward . I have a feeling its a tranny or transfercase issue . I have a 93 gc i6 with the 42re and a 249 tc

justinspotanske is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.