update to my power draw question , thought it was my power steering - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 Old 02-02-2012, 10:04 AM Thread Starter
justinspotanske
1993 ZJ 

update to my power draw question , thought it was my power steering

So i had a thread on a power draw that I have and thought it was my power steering. It would do it a lot when I was turning . Mainly in reverse . I replaced my belt , and played with the ps pump and found no idication of any trouble . . Spins freely and looks good . After that I thought in stead of immediately turning while in reverse , I would move a little first to elimenate the pump . Sure enough it did it while just going straight in reverse .Only does it after shifting into gear and immedatly after. The amps would drop to around 10 and has actual died on me once . any ideas what to check or replace . fyi , Once in a great while it will do it while going forward . I have a feeling its a tranny or transfercase issue . I have a 93 gc i6 with the 42re and a 249 tc

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.