Unusual sound from radiator area - pics and video included - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Unusual sound from radiator area - pics and video included

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsCurrie

Unread 12-02-2008, 02:59 PM   #1
superarmen
1999 WJ 

Unusual sound from radiator area - pics and video included

hi everyone,

i have recently been hearing these unusual sounds coming from the front of my jeep...at first i thought that the sound might be coming from the engine and that it could have been that my oil was low...i checked the oil and everything seemed okay...now i have noticed that the exhaust is watering up and that i keep getting drips of water from under my car. I have included a link to a video and also some pictures of what i have noticed....I also checked the engine fluids and they are full, radiator level is good too. does the leak from under my car seem normal? is it a possibility that the exhaust has a whole in it? Any ideas are welcome

thanks,
Armen

video link should be ready to go soon...
[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33EzeizE4Pw[/YT]

94 YJ in BLACK
superarmen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-02-2008, 03:11 PM   #2
cmonson

condensation. No problems with it.
cmonson is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-02-2008, 03:12 PM   #3
cmonson

it could also be muffler bearings.
cmonson is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-02-2008, 03:55 PM   #4
superarmen
1999 WJ 

here is a link that works for the video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33EzeizE4Pw

94 YJ in BLACK
superarmen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-02-2008, 04:04 PM   #5
0oJeepo0
1998 ZJ 

sounds like something is rubbing or scraping near the radiator but its hard to tell. It almost seems that something is hitting the fan? I dont know man, I would look everywhere is the engine bay and try to figure out exactly where it is coming from. And as far as the dripping in the exhaust, I am not exactly sure, but I wouldnt think that it should be doing that

3" Kolak Exhaust w/FM 50 SUV, K&N FIPK 57 Series, 245/70/16 Goodyear Fortera TripleTred
0oJeepo0 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.