Unusual problem with my 02 WJ - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Unusual problem with my 02 WJ

Brand New! Quadratec LED Headlights!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 10-23-2006, 05:32 PM   #1
Marine_Mike
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Unusual problem with my 02 WJ

OK, so I left the country for work for 2 months, only to come home to a jeep with some wierd problems.

1) The overhead computer won't keep the MPG like it did befor, it keeps zeroing out everytime I shut it off. And yes I'm sure it's the average MPG and not the instant.
2) My horn and lights will not sound or flash when I lock the doors, even though that's how it's set in the averhead diplay. And to boot, the interior lights won't come on when the doors are opened, unless the jeep is running...oh and the int. lights won't come on when I pull the key outta the ingnition<-----no big deal.

Marine_Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2006, 07:06 AM   #2
greasefingers
1994 ZJ 

Two months is a long time for a battery to sit without being started. There are a few things that draw current (things that need memory) when the ignition key is removed and this can tax the battery. I have a feeling once you drive a day or two that the battery will be charged back to normal and things will work fine.

94 Black Laredo 4-Liter with QuadraTrac (42RE trans & NP249 TC) 200,000 + miles purchased new

88 Cherokee 2-door with 5speed manual 139K miles(deceased) purchased new
greasefingers is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2006, 09:45 PM   #3
phasewolf

Also a battery can be damaged by sitting that long without a good charge in it. One cell may not be up to where it should be and may be causeing issues. Take it to a autoparts store and have then check the battery out. It costs nothing and may save you a lot of time and problems down the line.
phasewolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.