UC suspension on a stock ZJ... - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > UC suspension on a stock ZJ...

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO December Specials at Jeephut.com

Unread 02-07-2012, 09:41 PM   #31
totalalign12

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepinJordan
I have a ZJ with stock suspension but what do I need for it to have the Upcountry package(Suspension components and tire size) and where can I score these. I dont want a puck lift or anything, but more of just a bigger, beefier stock suspension(I read the UC gave about a 1inch lift?). I want to keep this my daily driver and tow rig.

Also I am thinking about using newer shocks, what do you guys prefer for stock on a UC package without sacrificing the ride height and apperiance.

Let me know!
I wouldn't waste to much time on an inch. guess what? the upcountry had a thicker spring puck. If you can find a upcountry zj definitely get the skidplates and towhooks. 30 9.50 15 tires fit fine, but light truck tires ride rougher. You can put a p265-70r15 instead and still have decent ride.

totalalign12 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-07-2012, 09:56 PM   #32
squazz
Web Wheeler
1993 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by totalalign12 View Post
I wouldn't waste to much time on an inch. guess what? the upcountry had a thicker spring puck.
if your saying its not in the spring im gonna disagree i went from sagging stock 17" center hub to fender to 19" center hub to fender just in springs i even took the pucks off the donor zj and they were the exact same as what i had on
squazz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-08-2012, 07:18 AM   #33
totalalign12

Quote:
Originally Posted by squazz

if your saying its not in the spring im gonna disagree i went from sagging stock 17" center hub to fender to 19" center hub to fender just in springs i even took the pucks off the donor zj and they were the exact same as what i had on
Saggy springs are another story.
totalalign12 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-08-2012, 09:57 AM   #34
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Up country coils are much stiffer. In good condition they are a huge improvement over the stock coils.
PolkaPower is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
zj

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.