TURNING SIGNALS Not blinking??? HELP.. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > TURNING SIGNALS Not blinking??? HELP..

WJ Shackle Tabs: Tow-Hook Replacements2014 Spartan Locker Special - While Supplies Last! Dana 3FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 09-13-2013, 04:01 PM   #1
accord23
1998 ZJ 

TURNING SIGNALS Not blinking??? HELP..

I noticed today that my Left Turning signal would come on but was not flashing.
The right one would at times flash and sometimes it would just be solid green on the dashboard.

accord23 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-13-2013, 04:06 PM   #2
NinetySevenZJay
1996 ZJ 

you need a new turn signal flasher. mines doing the same thing but I have yet to grab one from the junkyard (from what I read on here the ones auto parts stores sell don't work correctly for some reason)
NinetySevenZJay is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-13-2013, 04:12 PM   #3
accord23
1998 ZJ 

where is the signal flasher located at?
Unread 09-13-2013, 04:16 PM   #4
NinetySevenZJay
1996 ZJ 

although now I cant find the thread I read it in. it should be located either above your brake pedal or by the glove box. just turn on the turn signals if you can and follow the noise. if turn signals wont work use the hazards. the two flashers are right next to each other. should be silver cylinder looking things.
Unread 09-13-2013, 04:20 PM   #5
NinetySevenZJay
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinetySevenZJay View Post
(from what I read on here the ones auto parts stores sell don't work correctly for some reason)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NinetySevenZJay View Post
although now I cant find the thread I read it in.
I think it was because the ones they sell are two-in-one types for signals and hazards. im sure someone else will confirm or deny
Unread 09-13-2013, 04:22 PM   #6
accord23
1998 ZJ 

thanks...
Unread 09-13-2013, 05:48 PM   #7
dave_dj1
1994 ZJ 

My turn signals wouldn't work at all today! I'm going to check the fuses tomorrow, funny thing is, they work when they feel like it!
I tried searching and only came up with about 4 threads that didn't really seem to solve anything. Anyone got the answer?
thanks,
dave
Unread 09-13-2013, 06:09 PM   #8
NinetySevenZJay
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave_dj1 View Post
my turn signals wouldn't work at all today! I'm going to check the fuses tomorrow, funny thing is, they work when they feel like it!
I tried searching and only came up with about 4 threads that didn't really seem to solve anything. Anyone got the answer?
Thanks,
dave
turn. signal. flasher.
Unread 09-13-2013, 06:28 PM   #9
dave_dj1
1994 ZJ 

I'll try that but the 4 ways work fine and the turn signals work occasionally.
Unread 09-14-2013, 12:25 AM   #10
NinetySevenZJay
1996 ZJ 

turn signals and hazards are two separate flashers. if your hazards work then your hazard flasher is fine. if your turn signals don't work or only work occasionally, replace your turn signal flasher.
Unread 09-15-2013, 12:39 PM   #11
dave_dj1
1994 ZJ 

Just to clarify, on my 94 the flasher is the same for the 4 ways and the turn signals. It's located under the glove box. This morning I had turn signals for a while and then they quit, I double checked all fuses, then I smacked the side of the dash and they started and quit. I pulled the flasher out and re installed it 3 times and they seem to be working fine. I just did a trip around town and so far so good. I'm thinking a bad/corroded connection where the flasher plugs in. Worst case I'll pick up a new flasher if I have problems again. Maybe a bad wire connection under the little panel the flasher is plugged into, we'll see.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.